G&L Owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jason Hale, Sep 29, 2002.

1. I'm thinking of buying a G&L L2500. Describe what your's sounds like and some it's pros and cons.
  2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Hard to describe what they sound like because they get lots of sounds. Very versatile electronics package. Very solid and clean construction. Usually can be had for a very good price nowadays if you buy used. That's the pros.

Cons: Although I really like the G&L L2000, I've not heard a G&L 5-string with what I consider to be an acceptable B-string. I know that others are satisfied with theirs, but IMO they aren't on a par with a Stingray 5 (which is in the same price range). I also find them to be very heavy.

Just like anything else, try several and choose the one that feels and sounds the best.
  3. I've had one since August,and all I need to say is the the L2000 series is beautiful.In my opinion,these are the pro's and con's:

This bass is full of sustain
    Diverse range of sounds
    individual adjustable p^ magnets
    it is smooth as hell
    it can be string thru body,or thru bridge

there are 3 knobs and 3 levers(p^s,bass boost\cut,preamp on\off\treble boost.so the sound is super customizeable

The feel is so different that your playing style can be altered
    It needs a tad more action once you get it

The Magnetic Field Humbuckers are so powerful that you shouldn't play near a TV or Monitor,cuz the electricty will make you feel ****ty

I hope you get to purchase it,I am in love with mine, and a lot of people I know a lot of people that say it is the best bass you can get your hands on for under $2000 w\o custom jobs.
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've owned 2 L-2500 & 2 L-5500 & the B's on all of them were excpetional. The older L-2500's that were made out of solid Ash were VERY heavy but the newer oner that have the American Tilia (poplar) w/Ash top are much lighter. I'd sat go for it. I don't think that you will be disappointed.