G&L Pictures

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 27, 2002.

1. I'm thinking about ordering a G&L L-2000 but I'm not sure of the finish I want. Show me your G&L basses and give me some ideas.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Many of mine are posted over on the Dudepit but I'll put pics here as well ;)

My current L2K: '02 lake placid blue, #6 neck

an '01 in tobacco burst over ash w/#8 neck without front markers

an '87 with natural ash body and #6 neck

I almost went for silver metallic instead of the lpb. I like the belair green but wasn't bold enough to get that for myself.
  4. craigb,

I saw your basses over at the dudepit and I must say, so far the natural ash has it hands down. I'm such a sucker for ash. I always tell myself, "next bass I'm going to get something in a solid color". Never happens. It's always ash or sunburst.

The other two are really nice as well.

5. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Here's my new L2000..a '97 Custom, alder body, ash top:

Don't see these too often, but I really like the light weight and body resonance.

Here's the sunburst ash I just sold...

6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i am the owner of craigb's tobacco sunburst L2000.

he has a page with some more pics of this bass:

this bass is super lightweight and to me it's super resonant.

the matching headstock and no fret marker option make this bass really classy.

i fixed a bad wire that made the preamp noisy, made a professional setup and now this bass is great!
  7. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    This was a NAMM show bass.

8. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Here are two that have been in my posession.
    A 1982 L2000e tobacco-burst over mahogany (still own this one and plan to keep it forever). And a 2000 L2000 black sparkle over alder (also formerly owned by craigb - but I sold it a while ago as I didn't really need two L2000s).