1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L Players...Show Your Rigs

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by 43% burnt, Mar 24, 2006.

1. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I'm curious what the G&L players here are running through. Given our phenominal taste in basses, I'm guessing we have some equally impressive rigs. I'll start. I'm gonna be in the market for a new head soon, and looking for ideas. I'm thinking an Eden or Aguilar. For now this suits me just fine though.

BagEnd_rig_2.

2. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

You know, I don't have any pictures of my rig - how messed up is that? I've got pictures of most basses I've owned and lots of other stuff, but none of my rig. I'll fix that tonight when I go to rehearsal.

One thing to remember - although G&Ls are tonal nirvana for many, they are also incredible bang-for-the-buck. So you may find some rigs that are in the "high value" category rather than the "boutique" category. At least that's how mine fits:

BBE Bmax SS -> Carvin DCM-1000 -> 1-2 Avatar B112s & 1 Avatar SB-112

And I've got a Yamaha BBT-500H coming in to check out. I love the BBE/power amp setup but am getting tired of lugging a 40-50lb rack around. The TFB-420 I just passed on would have been perfect but I traded it for another G&L . . .

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    [​IMG]

4. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    I play an Ampeg SVT3Pro through a BLB 4x10 cabinet. It's been the same rig since 1995. I am currently considering an Eden WT550 and maybe two D112XLT cabinets but I haven't made up my mind yet.

5. rrybicki

rrybicki Innocent Bystander

Here's my 'big rig'. I think we share similar tastes..(Excuse the pictures. We are having some construction done at home and everything is coated with dust).

[​IMG]

Practice rig. I like to mix and match the S12 with the S15s

[​IMG]

Russ

6. PeppermanL2K

PeppermanL2K ...and on the 8th day, God created the Habanero.

Feb 3, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    The only pic I have has my ex-Ric in front of it...

RIC0243.

Tech21 Landmark 300
    RNC 1701 "Really Nice Compressor"
    Dr. Bass RX212 cab

Not a big rig, but nice sound!

7. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

[​IMG]

main rack - BBE Bmax SS, Sennheiser 1092D wireless, Carvin DCM-1000

aux rack -Carvin DCM-1000

1 or 2 Avatar B112s
    1 Avatar SB112

I'd have more configurations pictured but not all the pictures came out clear (dang failing evening light). It'll get more complex if I like the BBT-500H and start using it (lots more ways to put things together).

The 3-12s with both racks on top was about 6' tall

8. Here's mine. jamie

GnLGroup1.

9. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    this is a rather old one

Basses1_1.

My G&L is one of the first run L2500's that came out. Bought it in '96 or '97
    The Singray I bought in about '95 (?)
    The WorkingMan's 12 has since died. I'm using a borrowed SVT 200T with the same 1x15
    I'm looking for a new head to call myown, will probably get an SVT 4 Pro...

The

10. Mike A

Mike A

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    [​IMG]

This is what does it for me & my ASAT or L2000e.
    GK1001rb &
    Bergantino nv610

No more, no less.

(Old picture, the ART compressor was pulled & tossed long ago.)

11. L2000 with maple neck (same as the example photo on the G&L site)
    Eden Nemesis NA650
    Eden Nemesis NSP410
    Eden Nemesis NSP212

(I actually just ordered this rig yesterday, I hope it's good!)

12. flash99

flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    As of Wednesday night, my rig is now officially an Eden WT550 and a BLB 4x10 cab. As much as I loved my SVT 3 Pro, the Eden is bigger sounding and I think it's louder.

13. Staalo

Staalo

May 19, 2005
    This is my first post here in TalkBass! Here's what does the job for me:

kasa.

'87 El Toro bass
    SansAmp Programmable BassDriver pre amp
    Behringer EP1500 power amp
    EBS 210 cab
    EBS300 15" cab

14. No photos at present but I will get some on as soon as possible.I play my G and L L2500 Blueburst through an aguilar db680 pre amp connected to a yamaha p7000s power amp.My speakers are swr son of bertha 1x15 on top of an swr big ben 1x18.

15. Wild Rice Chris

Wild Rice Chris Commercial User

May 7, 2005
    Palatine, IL
    Rice Custom Guitars, Inc
    I feel right at home. '82 L-1000 through a GK800RB into a pair of Bag End 15 (non-coax) cabs.
    Occasionally use a Voodoo Labs Tremolo pedal and BOSS tuner pedal and maybe a BOSS DD-6 delay.
    2005_0312Wildrice0014.

My second rig is an Acoustic Image Contra into a Bag End coax 15. The acoustic Image cab doesn't get along so well with the G&L at volume, so it gets practice duty and upright work. I have an L-2000 fretless coming that should be heavenly through this. No pics of that setup yet.

16. tehuti

tehuti

Jan 27, 2006
    O.C.
    This puppy is brand new. I just picked it up Saturday. I'm a six stringer trying to expand my skill set. :bassist:

Tribute L-2000
    Kustom KBA35X DFX

[​IMG]

17. Wild Rice Chris

Wild Rice Chris Commercial User

May 7, 2005
    Palatine, IL
    Rice Custom Guitars, Inc
    Good way to expand.:bassist: