G&L Prices

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Reccord, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Hey all,
    I've made up my mind that I'm going to buy an L-2500 (after much deliberation). My local guy's quote was just over $1000 US ($1020 to be exact). Ten points less if G&L has one in stock with a maple neck in one of the colours I like. This seems like a good price to me but I just wanted to bounce it off you people. What do you guys think?
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    today i found an L-2000 and it was selling for $649... it was used though.. had one belt scratch on the back.. but other than that it was in great shape.. they also had a JB-2 for $1500.. i thought the price was a bit high on that.. but i think i could have gotten it for less. But the JB2 was black with perloid binding... beautiful bass... just nice.. sorry i went of subject.. ;)
  4. Thanks for the links guys. I checked out the prices from BassNW and $899 is pretty good for an L-2500. But when I did the math for shipping from Seattle to Newfoundland plus the 15% cross border duty it seems that the prices are just about even. $10 CAD cheaper here. If I could get it landed for $899 it would be amazing, though...