Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L pups, were can ya get them!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by PasdaBeer, Aug 4, 2004.

1. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    I know that G&L MDF pups are a pain to come by, but has anyone actually seen them for sale anywere?

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    The only way that you will get them is if someone takes them out of their G&L.

3. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    was afraid of that....

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, if you want a set, why not find someone with a G&L they're not desperately using, have them take the pickups out, and then tell G&L they got a bass with no pups. They ship it, you get pups, you pay. Now, this might come to $150 or something, but thats not out of line at all for a good set of EMGs or Barts.

Just a though.

5. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    was thinkin about that, friends got a G&L, may just snag the serial and try to con myself some pups outa them.

6. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    They will probably make you ship the bass to them. I could be wrong, but G&L has generally been pretty tight with parts. They really don't want basses other than their own made from their parts.

7. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
  8. Hey PasdaBeer,

PM me.

9. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Yep, email Tim and he'll quote you the current prices on them. They are surprisingly affordable for what they are (last time I checked which was a while ago they were 40-something dollars for the humbuckers and less than that for the P-style MFD).

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

When i was looking around to get a G&L Semi Hollow ASAY they had the best prices and the most knowledgable staff, i reccomend them also.