1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L quality control/customer service

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Youngspanion

Youngspanion Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Staten Island, NY
    Has anyone bought a NEW G&L within the last few years and had any problems? I've had my share with the two last ones I got NEW from the factory. I"m trying to see if I'm the only one or if there are others out there who have experienced less then satisfactory instruments from the manufacturer in the last few years.

Has anyone had to deal with the repair dept. and had a miserable experience or has anyone had to deal with customer service and had a miserable or less then satisfactory experience?

This question is for Dealers as well well as non-dealers as well.

2. Trabeen

Trabeen Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Ouch, always sorry to hear that. I've purchased two new basses (L-2500 and M-2500) in the last year and a third one (SB-2) about three years ago, all instruments and all dealings with the company have been first rate. Best of luck on solving your situation, wish I could help but G&L as well as the dealers I worked with all been great.

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    The JB-2 I bought a couple years ago was fantastic in every way, I can't think of a thing to fault it for. What models are you having trouble with, and what kinds of problems? I think I missed that in your original post.

4. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    as my fingerboard goes towards the pickups it get's kind of streaky and greyed out, but it doesn't bother me