Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wicca, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Wicca

Wicca

Oct 13, 2001
    Maryland
    When did "Guitars by Leo" first appear on the headstock? The other day I was in a store looking at L-2000 basses, they had two. One had it written on the headstock the other did not, however the store owner said they were both new.

2. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    I think it was 2000-2001, but I am not for sure. The one that does not have it could be new but older than the other of course. I would really like to know the answer to this one too.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    According to Jaguar's website, limited edition Guitars by Leo were made in 1999.
    Doc

4. MTRatt

MTRatt

Dec 31, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
  5. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't think that's a "Guitars by Leo" model. That's the leo sig model and they're fairly common I think.

I think the "GBL" is something that is made in limited numbers for www.guitarsbyleo.com . I know they have had some special instruments made with the club logo.

Dave

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Gman is correct, as they were a special deal for giutarsbyleo.com . That's a nice axe, but don't you love how people wipe their bass down before taking a pic?
    Doc

7. MTRatt

MTRatt

Dec 31, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oops, my mistake.

And yes, if I was selling my gear or even just taking a picture of it to show around, I would at least make sure it was clean. That bass looks like he played it after a Mickey D's french fry binge! :p

Later,
    Matt

8. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    Come on guys, the grease keeps the funk. What are you guys, bass players or what? Jamerson said the dirt and funk is what held his bass together. Jaco said he knew where all the chicken grease on his bass came frome. He would eat fried chicken before playing. LOL. Just kidding ;>)

9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yeah, when trying to sell something, whether it's a guitar, a motorcycle, a foosball table, a video game machine or an exercise bike, you'll get better results if you at least provide the illusion that the item was taken care of -- wipe your basses down before you try to sell them! If someone is after the "greasy funk," let 'em start their own collection from scratch, after they show you the money.

10. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    roflol, just the sound of it is funny.
    anyway, I wouldnt want buy something that looks like someone wiped his wet ar**e on!
    I keep my personal belongings clean even though they are not for sale and even if I wanted something with a greasy/funky personality it'd still wont want to know someones funk is clonging the fretboard, smearing on the finish or just laying undetected in the cavity.