G&L questions. ASAT VS. 2000 series.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tim Cole, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Just had a couple of questions. First and foremost, is there a 5 string version of the ASAT available? If not, that pretty much ends my search. Curious to whether the 2 have similar necks, and overall feel...I see they have the same electronics/pu configs. I hear a lot about the L2000 and 2500 on here, but never anything on the ASAT's....I think they look great!
  2. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Re. a 5-string ASAT, I don't know, but you can check www.glguitars.com. Re. the necks, they should be identical if there is a 5-string version. Otherwise, ASAT is same as L2000 apart from the body style. Watch out for neck balance though, as there is no upper horn.
  3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Nope, no 5-string ASAT. Cass of Skunk Anasie (spelling?) has a custom made ASAT 5 but it's not a standard model.

I know I dislike the way a 4-string ASAT sits (neck dive, extra reach to the first fret because the bass hangs more off to one side from the lack of an upper horn). I shudder to think about a 5-string version, but that's personal preference.

Schecter used to have a 5-string (US made) with that body shape - it was in the big bassplayer 5-string shootout a few years back.