1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale G&L Saddle-Lock Bridge Screw (replacement)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Karl Kaminski, May 20, 2018.

1. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    Price:
    My used G&L L2500 didn't come with one so I was on a quest to "build (find?) a better mouse trap".

This is a solution for those of you with a missing/lost saddle-lock screw and nylon spacer for your G&L Bass. (Also if you just wanted to ditch that small spacer all together).

Its a proper size metric nylon tipped screw, takes same metric size Allen wrench as saddle height adjusters. I had to buy a minimum quantity, so Im selling off the extra.

IMG_0005.

PayPal $5 shipped CONUS, local pickup in NYC OK.

IMG_3129. IMG_3131. (Bass, Bridge, String, and Allen wrench not included :laugh:)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    rohi and Matt R like this.
  2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    i loosened the lock on my LB100 recently, hopefully the screw won't fall out

3. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    well, tighten back up. ;)

4. raybone

raybone

Jul 14, 2006
    A.C Jersey
    Do these stick out from side when tight? Picture looks that way. My original set screw sits in the hole and does stick out at all when all the way tight.

5. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    Since the side arcs, one edge is flush and the opposite is proud about a 1/32" (.5mm).

These are 10mm in length, I chose this length to be as flush as possible when tightened. This aids in easy Allen wrench adjustment. I don't like how the OEM screws were countersunk.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  6. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    This will fit a late model M2500 I assume? If so I'll take one.

7. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    yes if your "late model" is 2006 or later, and all PM replied

from G&L website:

Complete set of (6) tension screws w/ nylon bushings. These are the little Hex screws that hold the vibrato arm in on G&L Dual Fulcrum tremolo-equipped guitars and are also used on the side of G&L Saddle Lock bridge to lock the saddles together. There are 2 different thread configurations: For US instruments 2005 and older, use part # 080215-000 (Standard), for US instruments 2006 and later and all Tribute instruments use part # 080215-100 (Metric).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    dbbltime and Doug Parent like this.
  8. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    PM

9. Relsom

Relsom Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2013
    The Old Dominion
    And press down on the saddle on that end so the screw doesn't raise it as it tightens down.

10. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    hmmm, interesting. I never had that happen. I always:
    • tune the strings up after saddle adjustment (which keeps the saddle down)
    • then, last thing to do once setup is complete, tighten the locking screw.
    shouldn't be an issue (IMO, the guys at G&L won't have let that slide if that were the case.)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019