No longer available G&L SB-1 (2nd gen) and/or way cool Dark Star bass for your?????

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, Jul 22, 2017.

1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    I've got a couple of cool basses that aren't getting played. I don't need to sell them so I thought I'd see if any of you have anything interesting to trade. I'm open to trading either, or both, and can go up or down with cash in the deal.

Here are the details....

1. ****TRADED*****. USA G&L SB-1 (2nd gen) with the split P MFD pickup. Great bass, light (8.25), really pretty woods, and black crinkle metal pickguard. Strung with flats right now, just a sweet Precision killer. Will ship with a gig bag.

2. Dark Star bass with a real Hammon Dark Star pickup in a 9lb bass that was clearly thought out in advance. They stared with a premium drop-top birdseye maple/ash body in pro-finish blackburst, mated it to a MIJ Fender Jazz neck, used a Babicz bridge, and wired it with way cool 2-way varitone switch that swaps between tone capacitors to give you an enormous range of tones. The pickup *alone* is worth $400, so you know this isn't some jive-azz junker parts bass. The only flaw is that one of the elephant ears is slightly bent (G tuner). Ships in a HSC.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

So...whatchugot???

Here are a few things I'd be interested in trading for...

-EBMM Stingrays, particularly an "Old Smoothie"
    -USA Laklands
    -Epi Jack Casady (in any color other than white)
    -other hollowbody basses
    -Rob Allen basses
    -cool guitars, especially hollowbodies
    -tube amps (guitar or bass, big or small)
    -weird Gibson basses
    -USA G&Ls (especially old L-1000s)
    -old Fenders
    -old Guilds

Here's what I'm generally *not* interested in...
    -bass speaker cabinets
    -Warwicks
    -high-end boutique stuff (no offense, I just don't have the chops to justify a $5k Fodera)
    -Tribute G&Ls

So....try me.

BTW, I have a day job that is beyond bananas. If I don't reply in 20 minutes, it's not because I hate your trade offer, it's probably due to the fact that I'm stuck in a 4-hr meeting and can't even respond to work email and texts, much less your PM. I *will* get back to you, I promise, just be patient....

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Duke... you always have the coolest freakin' basses. Good luck with your trades.

3. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    What trade values were you putting on each bass?

4. dukeplaysbass

I wasn't really thinking in those terms, was just seeing if there was cool stuff out there to trade. But, since I know some people need it for reference, I'm ball parking each in the 750 range, give or take a hundred. I guess. The market blows right now, hard to really put a number on it that makes any sense.

5. Smoothmove

Smoothmove Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Lebanon , Oregon
    Very Nice!!!

6. dukeplaysbass

SB-1 is traded.
    Dark Star still available.

woodyng2 likes this.
  7. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    Pm'd

8. woodyng2

woodyng2 Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Oregon Coast
    Pm sent.

9. dukeplaysbass

Holding this back for a bit to reconsider options.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022