1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L SB-1 Emerald Green Metallic-$650

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by trunkshope6, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Hey all looking to sell my awesome MIA 1996 G&L SB-1 in emerald green metallic. This is my 4th g and l bass and its just as impressive as any of my previous ones. This one pumps out that p bass thump in spades with an incredibly fat bottom and sizzly highs thanks to the fully adjustable mfd pup. It also gets super raunchy with the volume dimed which really gets into the p on roids territory.

This one is in great shape for its age and is all original from what I can tell.
    It has a modern p nut width at 1.65 inches and has a lightly satin finished neck with no sharp fret edges and plays smooth all the way up the neck . All the hardware and electronics work as should including the truss rod which turns both ways smoothly. It's currently strung with some nickel rotosounds with a buttery low action. I just weighed her out to 9 pounds on my bathroom scale. As u can see it still has the 3 bolt neck but I can say the neck is definately snug in the pocket and doesn't shift at all just like my vintage stingray.

The body and neck are both excellent shape apart from one small ding on the side of the neck by the 2nd fret and some small clearcoat dings on the back of the body and horn. The only issue is the pickguard has a small crack on the last screw by the input jack. Other than that the bass is great and ready to gig.

I'm hoping to get $650 shipped with a fender hard case (ironic I know).please pm with offers, as for trades I'm pretty much content with what I have but I could be tempted for a sterling by musicman sb 14 or 35. Thanks for looking ,pics will be up shortly.

2. Bump

3. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    I'd be all over this if I hadn't just got an SB-2.

4. Hah well thanx

5. Bump

6. Bump

7. Bump

8. Bump

9. Bump

10. Bump

11. Bump

12. Bump

13. Bump

14. Bump

15. Bump