1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD G&L SB-2 Bass USA Vintage (J/J)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ojo, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ojo

ojo

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    This is a vintage G&L SB-2 bass from the early 80's and actually a pretty awesome jazz-style bass.

These basses feature the early MFD single coil pickups, which are BIG and BOLD. Lot's of punch, lots of personality, lots of tone.

These basses should be all maple - both body and neck. Think of it as a super jazz.

This bass has the original radio style knobs, and also comes with the period correct hard shell case, which is in fantastic condition.

Now, here's the thing. The body has contours, and was probably originally red. I don't know the history, but it looks great, and feels great - that is, no digging into the forearm.

I picked this up in a trade here on TB awhile back, and here's the link with additional detail:
    1982 G&L SB-2 (JJ pup config) w/ OHSC

I used this bass to record one tune from my acoustic band, and can provide a link if you want to hear it in action.

Unfortunately, I need to raise some cash, so no trades on this bass.

$650 + shipping from Chicago.

02BodyFont.

03BodyBack.

04InCase.

01Headstock.

Thanks,

Joe

2. ojo

ojo

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    Bump!

3. ojo

ojo

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    Bump

4. ojo

ojo

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    Allright, how about $600 + shipping?

5. match

match

Jan 4, 2008
    Merced, CA 95340
    MFD Goodness!! Love these pickups, makes me miss my Lynx!

6. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Awesome sounding basses, my SB-2 is a real favorite. Bump for a nicely 'Lynxified' SB-2! Contours with the traditional headstock=cool.

7. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    PM'd

8. ojo

ojo

Jun 12, 2006
    Round Lake
    Aaaaaand, sold locally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.