g&l sb-2 (pre-lawsuit) 2 j pickups

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by egotistical, Jan 13, 2004.

1. edit:
    the bass is for sale, im no longer interested in trades, make me an offer via private message

well, i really thought id never thought id see this one go but i guess the time has come and id like to see if i could get any interesting offers before i throw it on ebay (if i dont relent in the last minute)... its a players bass and has a bunch of dings that only add character (imo)... due to the pre-lawsuit headstock and the growing awareness i think it will only increase in value with age... the main advantage to this bass is the 3 way pickup selector that allows you to solo each pickup without the humming associated with soloing a pickup on a typical jazz bass... the neck is more p-like than j-like... i really couldnt compare it to anything ive played recently except a stingray that i played a long time ago (im talking about the neck, not the sound of the bass)... any questions or requests for more pics are welcome (ill probably post some more tomorrow, but for now this one is all i have)
  2. Nice looking bass - I have some questions:

1) Will the sticker come off easily?
    2) What is its weight?
    3) Would you consider an outright sale?

3. 1) sticker should come off easy, its coming off (worn down) already from my fingers hitting it all the time

2) my bathroom scale is ghetto, but it probably weighs around 8.5 - 9.5 lbs

3) not yet... im still not 100% sure i wanna sell it yet, if a good trade offer came along id do a trade but i know if i sell it that money will just get deposited and spent on bills (not another bass)
  4. MICK P

MICK P

May 14, 2003
    Sullivan, IL
    A couple of questions,
    Is there a case?
    G-bass trade, what are you thinking of? I have
    a very good condition red one.
  5. comes with a hardshell case (i believe its the origional, but i cant say for sure since its unmarked, but from what i understand the old g&l cases were unmarked)

got any pics of the g-bass?
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I played this bass for a little while when I bought the BassMan 400 off of him & it's sweet!!!!
  7. thanks nino... i really miss that amp, all ive got left to play through is a crate bx-15
  8. DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    let me know, I'd love to buy it!
  9. MICK P

MICK P

May 14, 2003
    Sullivan, IL
    Pics of G-Bass. Red hollowflake, 7-7.5lbs.
    SKB type case.
  10. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I have no intention of buying or trading for this bass, but I'd really like to see a pic of the pre-lawsuit headstock if you have one available.

11. white paint and some dings on the bottom (paint is from hitting / rubbing against a wall, it is probably easy to remove)
  12. back of bass, some belt buckle wear (not from me)
  13. dings on top of the bass (i blame these on my mom, she denies it, god knows how she managed these)
  14. ive decided that im no longer interested in trades, i guess im better off waiting to get another bass until i move rather than using valuable cargo space to transport another one 2500 miles via car... in other words: make me an offer via p/m
  15. DigthemLows

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    Might be able to save my self some shipping....got family out that way
  16. digthemlows: pm sent

everyone else: im still takin offers