Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&l Sb 2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Aug 20, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    thanks to all users of this bass that can help me with their comments and experience with this bass. i'm really interested in buying one. can you tell me more about the sound, woods, neck, weight, pickups of this bass? thanks

2. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    There are several versions of this bass.Which one do you mean?What pick up configuration? the real early ones are JJ later PJ.Are you interested in new?used?What era?

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd like to find one used in the pj configuration. not too old.

4. the only thing i really know is that their neck is more the feel of a fender jazz neck as opposed to precision, thats about all i know.

5. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    www.bassnw.com

very good prices.. best in us... but shipping to italy will probably be a killer

6. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    All their basses are made extremely well.I prefer the very early JJ set up.This is a small bodied underrated bass.every G&L instrument is a great buy used.IMO.
    They were available in many different neck styles.
    My personal favorite is the early L-1000 models.I have several very rare versions of this.
    G&L instruments are great workhorses,and have a tone appropriate for almost all types of music.IMO

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia

you are right...