G&L SB1 pickup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by darcy, Aug 27, 2003.

1. darcy

Jun 10, 2003
    One of the split coil pickups on my G&L SB1 is broken; its the small plastic part where the screw attaches it to the body, so it's now sort of popped up at an angle. Do I necessarily need a new pickup? Can I get a new plastic housing for that one?
  2. That'll work fine. Just go to a music store and ask for "pickup covers." I'm 99% sure a P-Bass cover would fit (there are 2 of them in a package) and should run you $10 or less. Be sure to take the broken cover with you to check the size just to be certain.
  3. darcy

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks a lot...is anyone more than 99% sure that the P-bass pickup covers will fit (I recently replaced the pickguard--a Fender P-bass wouldn't fit, so I went through Chandler Guitars; hoping for less hassle with the pickup cover)?
  4. If I remember right the SB-1 pickup is slightly different in size to the Fenders, so that may affect the cover. You might want to try going to Guitars by Leo and checking the specs.

I think they have the sizes in the FAQ section.
  5. darcy

Jun 10, 2003
    I ended up ordering Fender P-bass pickup covers--not entirely sure they'll work but I had no luck otherwise...d
  6. DW

Jun 22, 2000
    They should work fine. The SB-1 is a standard Precision-size pickup.