1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L SB1 pickup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by darcy, Aug 27, 2003.

1. darcy

darcy

Jun 10, 2003
    One of the split coil pickups on my G&L SB1 is broken; its the small plastic part where the screw attaches it to the body, so it's now sort of popped up at an angle. Do I necessarily need a new pickup? Can I get a new plastic housing for that one?

2. That'll work fine. Just go to a music store and ask for "pickup covers." I'm 99% sure a P-Bass cover would fit (there are 2 of them in a package) and should run you $10 or less. Be sure to take the broken cover with you to check the size just to be certain.

3. darcy

darcy

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks a lot...is anyone more than 99% sure that the P-bass pickup covers will fit (I recently replaced the pickguard--a Fender P-bass wouldn't fit, so I went through Chandler Guitars; hoping for less hassle with the pickup cover)?

4. If I remember right the SB-1 pickup is slightly different in size to the Fenders, so that may affect the cover. You might want to try going to Guitars by Leo and checking the specs.

http://www.guitarsbyleo.com

I think they have the sizes in the FAQ section.

5. darcy

darcy

Jun 10, 2003
    I ended up ordering Fender P-bass pickup covers--not entirely sure they'll work but I had no luck otherwise...d

6. DW

DW

Jun 22, 2000
    They should work fine. The SB-1 is a standard Precision-size pickup.