Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD G & L SB1

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by theschnitt, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theschnitt

theschnitt Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    This bass is pure Leo vibe. It's a pre-lawsuit edition, neck stamp puts it to 1986. Old style headstock and Leo's signature right on it. Maple board and tobacco burst finish, just like in the promo ads.

It's seen some battles, but plays very well. Sounds huge, fat and warm, and can dial in enough bite with the tone knob to slap. Cosmetically, the pickguard is cracked in the usual place for this model, there are two paint chips near the heel, and a 1 1/2 inch long scrape along outside of the the upper bout. Nothing that impacts playablity, and it's lighter than my other two G & L's - less than 9 lbs. All in all pretty sweet for a 20 year old beast. This is the only bass about which the guitarist I've been playing with for 15 years has said, "wow, that's a good looking ax."

Plenty more pics available, just drop me a line.

Now priced at $550 w/ paypal, including shipping

2. slowdiver

slowdiver

Mar 24, 2003
    Chicago
    What's the width at the nut?

Thanks.

3. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Looks like 1 11/16. A hair less than 1 3/4. The profile is shallower than a P - not as chunky. But not tapered like a Jazz. I'd say it's most similar to a StingRay.

4. PM sent...

5. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Sentcha pix.

6. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Some interest, but still available. Re-bump!

7. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I have replaced the cracked pickguard in the original post with a brand new one from Chandler, it looks great.

8. gr8estbassist

gr8estbassist Guest

Oct 9, 2004
    South East
    pm sent

9. munkeyfish

munkeyfish Supporting Member

PM sent too

10. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Thank you for all of the interesting trade offers. I'm really looking for a cash sale on this one, though, with one exception: a backup for my beloved L2500. The only thing I'd really be interested in for a trade would be a Tribby L2500.

Thanks again!

11. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Weekend bump. Make an offer.

12. GGJaguar

GGJaguar

Jun 15, 2005
    PM sent...

13. theschnitt

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    'nuther bump. I saw one just like this go quickly last week, feel free to make an offer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.