Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L SB2 ($375) SWR 4x8 ($300)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gnome01, Dec 23, 2004.

1. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    2 items for sale:
    -Early 80's G&L SB2 4 string bass; 2 single coil J-pickups, 3 way switch, vol and tone knobs. Older style headstock, maple neck and fingerboard, black body and bridge. Lots of minor dings and scratches, typical of a 20+ year old bass, but nothing major. Plays well and neck is straight, sound is very big for passive single coils - definately more output than a fender jazz. $375 includes Peavey hard case (the original G&L case is now useless). Sorry I have no pics but local sale prefered (NYC area).
    -Also selling an SWR 4x8 speaker cab. 250 watts, 8 ohms, speakers are in perfect working order, carpeting is only slightly marked - none is missing. One of the best sounding cabs I've ever owned, just don't need it anymore. Includes wheels, but the cab is not too heavy at under 60 lbs. Nice tight low end and crisp highs - I barely used the tweeter. For some reason, SWR doesn't make this cab anymore so they're hard to find. Will sell for $300; local sale only around NYC area - sorry no pics.

2. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
  3. Looper51

Looper51

Dec 22, 2004
    Bronx,New York
    can you send me some pics of the G&L sb2 bass,i'm from new york...thanx,Lou...email-biglou51@optonline.net

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  5. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    Sorry - I forgot to mention I have no means of posting pics. There are no major blemishes on the bass - and they'd be hard to see in a picture anyway. But anyone is welcome to come try it out in person.

6. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    I'll try again before I attempt a trade in - for either a Pre EB MM Sabre or an early G&L L2000E

7. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    i'd love to see a pic... i could be interested....

8. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    With 2 J pups it would be a JB-2, not an SB-2.

9. Nope. The early SB-2's had 2 J style pups.

10. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    are the j pickups in here the standard shape jazz pickups? or are they the shape that they are using today at G&L. would a standard jazz replacement pickup fit?

11. gnome01

gnome01

Oct 30, 2001
    Bronx NY, USA
    The early SB2 pickups are wider than Fender Jazz pickups from what I can tell. They also have a higher output and don't buzz as much. Great pickups IMO, I wouldn't replace them.