1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L Split P-bass MFD, late SB-1 style, HELP!

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by hbombkilllya, Apr 7, 2006.

1. hbombkilllya

hbombkilllya Guest

Sep 12, 2004
    HI, dose anyone know how to wire the G&L MFD split P-bass pickups that come in the late SB-1. I have an original Legacy bass & I just got the MFD pickups in & I can't figure how to wire them stock like in a late SB-1. 1 black & 1 white wire off one of the split & 1 green, 1 black & 1 yellow off the other split. Please post or email me if you know how hbombkillya@aol.com or hbombkillya@comcast.net. -Thanks.

2. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Green and White solder together, blacks to ground, yellow to the pot.

Jim

3. hbombkilllya

hbombkilllya Guest

Sep 12, 2004
    What about a capacitor for tone?

4. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Dunno the value......probably .047 micro

SB-1004.

5. hbombkilllya

hbombkilllya Guest

Sep 12, 2004
    Thank you very much, good lookin out. This forum for G&L has been the lifes blood for my growing G&L collection. Thank you all.

6. hbombkilllya

hbombkilllya Guest

Sep 12, 2004
    The small thing above the capacitor is a resistor & by the color code it seems to be A 6800ohm unit that i'm sure I won't find just anywhere. I am also wondering if this is stock wiring cause there is shielding in the cavity. I'm still going to wire mine up & see what happens.

7. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego

SB-1 schematic....

That wiring is original. I put the shielding in myself on this one.

Jim

Before.........

During.......
    SB-1001.

After....
    SB-1005.

8. hbombkilllya

hbombkilllya Guest

Sep 12, 2004
    You kick ass Jim, thanks for everything. I got all my parts from radio shack & I'm about to do the deed. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks -Joe

9. hbombkilllya

hbombkilllya Guest

Sep 12, 2004
    She Is Done! & it sounds soooo good I can't wait till I bust this out at practice later on today. Thank you you guys for helping out a fellow G&L freak. -Joe