Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L Tribute basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sofa King, May 17, 2003.

1. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I would have done a search for a thread about this before, but the search feature is disabled at the moment, so forgive me if this has been discussed before!

I've just now noticed the G&L Tribute basses on BassNW and they've got me kind of interested. On the G&L website I gather that they're CNC'd with basswood bodies (or swamp ash with an upgrade), and use the US electronics. I couldn't find where they're made though. Does anyone know?

And I'd really like to hear how well they play and feel. I'm guessing they sound fairly decent if they use the US electronics. Is the quality good, too? Any other comments would be appreciated as well!

Thanks everyone! Sorry if this is a re-post!
    -Billy

2. They're made in Korea I believe.

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Are they planning on making five strings or only fours? They review I saw that mentioned them only included four-string models.

4. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Maybe they didn't at the time, but the glguitars.com site has an L-2500 in the Tribute instruments section.

[​IMG]

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    What are the specs? I'm planning to make the jump to a fiver. And after playing for only 24 years.;)

6. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX