Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L Tribute info?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chef, May 13, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Where can I get Tribute lineup info, specifically do they make a 2500 fretless, and whats "tribute plus?"

Thanks, Alan

2. I'd start with the Tribute section of the G & L website: http://www.glguitars.com/Tribute/instruments/index.asp

I don't think the Tributes are available fretless--I've never seen one pictured or advertised, anyway, and they aren't mentioned on the website.

As for "Tribute Plus": All Plus versions of Tribute models are discontinued. Plus versions have Basswood bodies and upgraded pickuards where applicable. To view examples of each discontinued Plus color, use the links below. (From the Tribute page above...)

3. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    thanks!
    no fretless, bummer!

4. I played one of those the other day. and I must say, I hated it. The neck was FRIGGIN HUGE!!!!! It was like playing a friggin baseball bat. Though it had a nice tone, the neck was way too big for me

5. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    My Reverend 5's have wiiide necks, but they're not very deep. I find them quite comfortable...Is a tribute 2500 neck profile different than standard G&L?