1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

G&L Tribute Jazz Bass $299 at GC today

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by tlite, Jul 11, 2020.

1. tlite

tlite Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  2. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Thank you for posting; I'm hoping they will run out before I finally pull the trigger later.
    Anybody have experience with how much these basswood tributes weigh?
    I finally had to buy a empress US model as all of the alder versions (like 10 of them) were all stupid heavy.

tlite likes this.
  3. Read the reviews. There's a reason these are going so cheap.

fenjazz and Jim C like this.
  4. tlite

tlite Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Ya. Not many reviews, but I have heard the Tributes are hit or miss. Might be good to make sure you have a GC closeby for an easy return just in case.

LBS-bass likes this.
  5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Just saw this today. What was the price yesterday? ($499.99 today.)

6. tlite

tlite Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    $299.99. If you call they may still give you the deal!

7. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Wow! That WAS a great deal!

I just bought a new (used) U.S. G&L LB-100 a couple weeks ago, so I didn't bother calling. Don't need it, but a sweet deal for anybody who snagged one...

tlite likes this.
  8. They have this going again today at MF. Same one I think.

Jim C and tlite like this.
  9. tlite

tlite Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    vid1900, Jim C and PlatoFunFactory like this.
  10. dantheman2

dantheman2

Nov 25, 2008
    I was reading the reviews. It seems a lot of them were complaints about the scale length being 34 1/2 instead of 34, but in a later review, someone said they had changed the neck from a 21 fret to a 20 fret which solved the problem. So maybe not as bad as the older reviews?

11. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

Feb 12, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I noticed that too. I'm just worried that the stock that MF is offloading for their SDOTD promo on this bass will end up being all of the defective or returned basses from the former promo offers. The photo isn't exactly confidence inspiring as it still shows 21 frets.

Jim C and troy mcclure like this.
  12. vid1900

vid1900

Dec 12, 2019
    The SDOTD promos sometimes sell hundreds of units.

It's pretty unlikely that they have even 50 returned basses to resell (it shows they only have 2 "open box" units for $439)

BUT, it does seem possible that some of the ones they ship will need the longer intonation screws, lol

So if you order, you might as well go out right now and get four M4 Cap Head screws with a 40mm length; so you can instantly intonate your bass the moment it arrives.

If they have already fixed the issue, you will only be out $2 and your co-pay for the covid treatment costs.

trybdjkrmftvqmhho1gq.jpg

Jawamac and jasper383 like this.
  13. dantheman2

dantheman2

Nov 25, 2008
    I wonder if you could just move the bridge a little bit north, but so that it barely just covers the current screwholes and make new screwholes with the bridge closer to where it should be? Or if you don't care about seeing the screwholes, just a half inch.

14. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    G&L bridges aren’t flat on the bottom and have a section that fits into a route in the body, so drilling new holes won’t be enough to shift the bridge position.

vid1900 likes this.
  15. dantheman2

dantheman2

Nov 25, 2008
    Good to know.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021