1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available G&L Tribute JB2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, Jan 19, 2018.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Hey Y'all,

This is a very nice Tribute JB-2 bought new last fall, 8.25 lbs, natural ash/rw in excellent condition. Wired with a series/parallel push/pull pot (I really like series mode on a J-style bass).

$340 shipped CONUS, paypal OK

It's great but I've given up on my current dalliance with JB2s and want more MFD HBs in the (small) lineup. What I'd be interested in:

- G&L L2K (<=8.75lbs, 1.5" nut width satin neck, K switching)
    - G&L SB1 (<=8.75lbs, 1.5" nut width satin neck)
    - G&L Tribute SB2 (<=8.75lbs)

pics follow

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. Low Spark

Low Spark

Feb 15, 2017
    Did you sell this? If not, how about some pics?

3. craigb

Had this up, marked it not available for a while, now it's available

Updated the trades to current stuff and I expect to be listing a Trib SB2 and L2K in the next couple of weeks and could do a multiples-for-one swap for the right bass

Will definitely get pics up this weekend

In the end the SB2 was returned to GC and the Trib L2K had undisclosed damage so it got sent back to the seller, no extra Tribs for sale now

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    xhawk5 likes this.
  4. craigb

KB and kwdhsk like this.
  5. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Shipping this or local only?

6. craigb

I will ship, but at additional cost (local pickup price listed, shipping cost for Fedex ground to your zip code calculated on request). Sorry - should have said that in the OP

7. craigb

Well, the other 2 Tribs are going so I'm going to hold on to this one until I've saved enough to replace it with another US G&L -- DGCF stringing on the way for it

OK, latest JB2 dalliance is over. On the block, gonna go. Updated trade interests in top post.

Current wiring has a series/parallel push/pull pot installed.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. kwdhsk

kwdhsk Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Southport, NC
    craigb is a great seller. Still enjoying my hybrid G&L L-2000 with the JB-2 neck. IMG_0005.JPG This is a great price for the JB-2 listed above. GLWS!

9. craigb

Glad you are still enjoying it - hmmm . . . I may need to locate an L2K body and do that again instead of selling . . . .

10. craigb

Hmmm . . . recognized the urge to drop JB2s may be my "normal" model preference rotation. Off the market for a bit while I confirm.

Would still trade for an Irish Ale Kiloton - would keep the US JB2 and let this one go . . .

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  11. craigb

OK, willing to sell for cash -- don't need 2 JB2s so this can go while I decide whether I even need 1

12. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Still got this?

13. craigb

yes - until one of the JB2s goes both are available

14. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    What finish is the other one? Can’t seen to see it anywhere

15. craigb

The other one is a yukon gold US model with empress wood body: For Sale/Trade - US G&L JB-2 bass (empress)

The post has some links to the original RocketMusic pics and I have to find where the ones I took last weekend went, since I obviously didn't post them

16. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    Ahhh. More than I can afford on the us!

17. craigb

I've got a Trib M2K on the way for a neck swap -- if successful I'll be selling a Trib JB2 w/M2K neck cheap in a week or two

But I have no idea where I'm going to end up bass lineup-wise and selling this outright is still an option.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  18. craigb

Didn't like the M2K (it's for sale, also). Selling several to order one from Greg (unless a perfect trade drops in my lap)

19. craigb

This is an ideal JB2 for me (light, comfortable, bought it new, perfect condition) but I'm done with JB2s. It's currently my backup and I am thinking that if I find a lightweight Trib L2K it will be a neck donor. But I'm still willing to part with it to get one of the few basses that I'm looking to add (over time) as I remake my small lineup.

The things I would trade for are listed in the OP - I'm just not interested in a cash sale at this point because until I've moved enough things to have 3 other lightweight G&Ls I like better than this one it's sticking around.

20. craigb

For better or worse I have an MFD HB and a 1 MOhm pot on the way from G&L -- I'm going to convert this Trib JB2 into a "Trib L1K". It should be a fun project (I'm thinking of 3D printing my router template, pickup ring, & empty bridge pickup cavity cover).

So not available and watch for eventual posting of the project info/progress

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021