G&L Tribute L-2000: a Great First Bass !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doublestop, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Hey, I finally got my first bass. I'm a guitar player, have been playing for 25 :eek: years, still a hack though, and I always loved the bass. I finally took the plunge. Got me a super sweet deal on a G&L Tribute L-2000.

What a great bass ! I was partial to G&L before: I have a (US) G&L Asat guitar, which is a Telecaster like guitar that is fantastic. I have to say that the Tribute bass is great as well. I don't have any bass experience, so I guess a US L-2000 must be better, but I love that Tribute.

And bass playing is so much fun, even more than I thought.

So if your looking for a first (or 2nd or 3rd :D ) bass, consider the G&L Tribute series!
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yea G & L's are one of the few good deals that are still out there. I think Godin are an amazing deal, in both guitars and basses. (moreso guitars because they have more models) but the 4 Godin bass models kick royal ass.
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    As a former and current G&L owner, I must say:

G&L, quite possibly, makes the best 4 bangers on the market. Especially the used market.

Under valued, overbuilt (and by hand, no less), and cool as all get out.

5s are a meh (Huzzah FBB, Spector, Pedulla and Roscoe), but G&L makes some of the sweetest 4s ever. Aw, man, they're cool. Owned a 3 tone burst L2000 and an currently have an '86 SB-1 you will pry from my cold dead hands, and I couldn't be happier.
  4. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I'm suspecious. You claim that the Tribute G&L L-2000 is your first bass, yet you managed to buy the best bang-for-the-buck bass on the market.
  5. ^^ I didn't say it's the BEST bang for the buck bass. It's my first bass, so what do I know? But I DO have 25 years of guitar experience, and I can tell that the G&L Tribute are a LOT of instrument for the money. In my humble opinion !
  6. no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome to the club Doublestop!

I too own an ASAT guitar along with a couple of L2Ks.

I love 'em!

7. Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Hey, That's one Heck of a first bass.

I'm sure, that it will do you good. :bassist: