1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L Tribute L-2000: a Great First Bass !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by doublestop, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Hey, I finally got my first bass. I'm a guitar player, have been playing for 25 :eek: years, still a hack though, and I always loved the bass. I finally took the plunge. Got me a super sweet deal on a G&L Tribute L-2000.

What a great bass ! I was partial to G&L before: I have a (US) G&L Asat guitar, which is a Telecaster like guitar that is fantastic. I have to say that the Tribute bass is great as well. I don't have any bass experience, so I guess a US L-2000 must be better, but I love that Tribute.

And bass playing is so much fun, even more than I thought.

So if your looking for a first (or 2nd or 3rd :D ) bass, consider the G&L Tribute series!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yea G & L's are one of the few good deals that are still out there. I think Godin are an amazing deal, in both guitars and basses. (moreso guitars because they have more models) but the 4 Godin bass models kick royal ass.

3. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    As a former and current G&L owner, I must say:

G&L, quite possibly, makes the best 4 bangers on the market. Especially the used market.

Under valued, overbuilt (and by hand, no less), and cool as all get out.

5s are a meh (Huzzah FBB, Spector, Pedulla and Roscoe), but G&L makes some of the sweetest 4s ever. Aw, man, they're cool. Owned a 3 tone burst L2000 and an currently have an '86 SB-1 you will pry from my cold dead hands, and I couldn't be happier.

4. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I'm suspecious. You claim that the Tribute G&L L-2000 is your first bass, yet you managed to buy the best bang-for-the-buck bass on the market.

5. ^^ I didn't say it's the BEST bang for the buck bass. It's my first bass, so what do I know? But I DO have 25 years of guitar experience, and I can tell that the G&L Tribute are a LOT of instrument for the money. In my humble opinion !

6. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome to the club Doublestop!

I too own an ASAT guitar along with a couple of L2Ks.

I love 'em!

Cheers,
    Chris

[​IMG]

7. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hey, That's one Heck of a first bass.

I'm sure, that it will do you good. :bassist: