1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L Tribute L-2000 Knobs - Mark Or Replace

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrjim123, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mrjim123

mrjim123 Supporting Member

May 17, 2008
    Indy
    I bought a new G&L Tribute L-2000 3 weeks ago. I LOVE the bass, however, I don't like the knobs because there is no visual indication, such as a line or dot, of the knobs position (is it on 1, 10?).

Any ideas on how to mark the knobs that doesn't look cheesy? If not I may buy new ones.

The G&L website says the pots are the solid shaft type, but I don't see any set screws on my knobs. So, would these be split shaft or some other kind? Based on the knobs and pots I've seen on the internet there is a lot of different terminology - a lot of it is different words for the same thing, I think. I want to make sure I am getting the right knobs if I order.

Anybody know for sure what these knobs are? Without set screws how are they even attached to the shafts? I pulled up on one knob slightly but it didn't come off, and I don't want to pull any harder.

2. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

try with a spoon, place a cloth between the body and under the knob, then take the spoon with the belly facing the body and with the edge under the knob. those knobs are very well attached but they come out..
    If i was you i would drill a little mark on them and then you can fill the hole wth acrylic paint, take a credit card and scrape the excess, and voila

They are solid shafts, and the knobs are plastic inside

3. Leave the knobs alone, learn by feel, seriously.:smug:

4. Indeed. It's not that hard.

5. +2

6. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hoboken
    The pots on the Tribbys are split shaft.