1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L Tribute L-2000 microphonic pickup problem?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by domplaysbass, Jan 17, 2017.

1. domplaysbass

domplaysbass

Dec 22, 2015
    hey guys,
    so I'm having an issue with my tribute l-2000. the pickups seem to be microphonic, whenever i tap the pickup or the body, flip a switch or mute a string while playing it makes a slight pinging noise. pretty aggravating. iv tried different strings lowering and raising pickups locking unlocking the bridge nothing has helped. would foam under the pickups help? i took it to a tech and he said its the pickups and id most likely need new ones. (I'm not buying this answer just yet) any info would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

2. mrb327

mrb327

Mar 6, 2013
    Colorado
    Nobody Knows
    How old is the bass? If it's still under warranty, G&L will replace them

3. rogypop

rogypop

Jan 10, 2009
    Croatia
    Its not microphonic, "ping" is caused by the springs below the pickups, just replace them with foam and you will be fine.

4. domplaysbass

domplaysbass

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah, I did some research though the forums here and I put foam inside the springs. It seems to have solved the issue. I tryed to get the actual foam from a local shop and remove the springs altogether but nobody had any in stock Thanks for replying. I wasn't about to buy new pickups

5. domplaysbass

domplaysbass

Dec 22, 2015
    Also do any of you know the factory spec for the pickup height?

6. rogypop

rogypop

Jan 10, 2009
    Croatia
    There is no such thing, set it to your personal preference.