G&L tribute L-2000 tribute blueburst

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stars, Feb 11, 2006.

1. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    Hello !

just joined this forum recently

i finally decided to take the plunge and get a G&L tribute 2000 premium blueburst , couldnt stand the GAS :p thanks to all the good vibes i read about it here

saw this website that offered it , but not sure whether is it reliable and reputable.

does anyone have any comments or recommendations about this website?

your help is greatly appreciated, dont live in the US and finding a G&L is damned hard and not sure where to get a affordable and decent piece from an honest dealer.

thank you very very much

2. I may have some options are far as dealers, but it depends where you live...

I never heard of that company, but it doesn't mean that they are not good...
  3. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    thanks man !

i m located here in singapore and the G&L tribute is overpriced by nearly 50% if i get it from the states rather than from singapore.

could anyone at all recommend me another dealer ?
  4. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    help anyone ?

i read up on their Ebay reviews , very good seller it appears.

anyone with a good dealer to recommend ? one that that ships G&L products overseas ?.

your assistance is greatly greatly appreciated
  5. Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I just happened to be checking out G&L last night. So, the tributes get a thumbs up? The blueburst is drop dead gorgeous. The price at boyntonproaudio seems like it can't be beat. Can you pick between rosewood or maple fretboard?

Thanks - Skel
  6. Try www.guitarmannyc.com. Dealer from New York City. If you e mail him he may be able to help. He deals Tributes too.
  7. stars

Feb 11, 2006

yea yea.. the premium edition of the tribute features a swamp ash body and a maple fretboard. no rosewood for the premium one.
  8. stars

Feb 11, 2006

thanks man ! but his page has a broken link. the link to the G&L tribute is down, maybe linked it wrongly. its linked to the G&L L-2000
  9. flash99

Jun 8, 2005
    New York City
    OK - I'm an idiot and I screwed up my web site. I'll fix it Monday AM. Feel free to e-mail me (link from any page on my web site) for information before that if you want. (I'm so embarrassed...). This is the correct link:

And on top of the wrong link, I'm out of blueburst so we can all see I'm just batting 1000 tonight. I'll just go ahead and insert my foot in my mouth now...
  10. stars

Feb 11, 2006

dont be.

mistakes are only human :D btw check your email.
  11. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Fife, WA
    I played a Trib L2000 yesterday in Honey finish w/RW board, and I have to say OMG!!!!!!!!!! Having serious gas on this, and to be honest, am thinking of taking the plunge again.

GAS sucks when your finances are tied up buying a house.
  12. stars

Feb 11, 2006

u want some sound clips ? someone posted some with a maple fretboard sometime back.

also on talkbass

PM me for the soundclips , will send em over via Email if ya really want :D
  13. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I recently ordered an amber L-2000 Premium Tribute with a maple neck. Can't wait to get it. I've only had the opportunity to play one Tribute (but with a rosewood neck) and it was killer! It felt good, had days of tone options, and looked pretty damn good too. They are very solidly built basses.
  14. Sounds good. How long is the wait on a new Tribute? They are excellent instruments.
  15. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    apparently theres stock now , no need to wait.
  16. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    yeah, mine is in stock, just ordered it from an out-of-state retailer.
  17. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    so when's it arriving ? i cant wait to order mine.

turns out the boynton pro audio website made a mistake. no G&L molded hardcase. major bummer.
  18. jazzfish

Aug 17, 2005
    dude...jus buy from singapore la.. maybe limited colours but u can still order your choice

Its US$559 from music123.com just as an example and overseas shipping will add up.

i think in yamaha if u wait for sale it can be gotten for S$800 odd.

IMHO of course.
  19. stars

Feb 11, 2006
    1) yamaha dosent have it in stock
    2) yamaha wont bring it in unless a customer orders it
    3) yamaha price is way more than musician's friends or music 123's price (after all they are never really THAT cheap after all)
    4) yamaha NEVER gives discounts of greater than 30% if you have been observing their sales.

plus for the fact that they have never offered a G&L bass guitar or tribute series on sale.

and even if they wanted to, they are merely a dealer, need bigger approval from upstairs to slash prices and undercut things.

plus , a wait time of 3 months for yamaha singapore to order ?

no way man.

even if yamaha had a sale and i enjoyed the full discount (20% + Yamaha membership card 10% off).

i would still be able to get it from the US a good S$50-100 cheaper.