Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L Tribute L-2500 Might be Mine

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FenderHotRod, Dec 13, 2004.

1. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
  2. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Thanks,

Man when I saw that Bass today I didn't even have to play it I knew I wanted it.. I almost traded those guitars this past weekend for a Six string Im happy I didn't. I have been wanting a bass with a maple neck for so long. I going to take my lunch early tomorrow, so I can get down there. I just hope it's not sold before then.("crosses Fingers")

3. So did you get to play it?

What are you trading for it?

BTW, if you get a chance to try out the Tribute JB-2 in amber, let me know what you think. I am thinking about getting one from them.

4. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Yeah, He ask me if I wanted to play it I said no at first. then it just kept asking me to. come on play me. :) I played it unpluged and fell in love with it. It's a G&L even if it is Korean Made it still should sound good, and if not nothing some upgreads can fix.

I going to trade to Tele's One is a MIM Fender Power Tele, the Other is an Alvarez Tele. The bass is a Squire P-Bass that i replaced the P/U with some Lace sensors. Hopfuly I can get a good deal with them. He was like worst case would be that I'd have to pay $100 extra.

5. Cool!

Wait till you amplify that puppy. :bassist:

6. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    :hyper: :hyper:

IT'S MINE.

My boss let me go to lunch early today.

I traded those guitars and only had to pay $32.39.

Only bad thing I could see and it's not bad at all. I thought the maple fretboard was comeing loose or cracking. Because up by the nut and around the 5th fret it looks like some wood is missing/or just a crack. It's smooth I can't feel any separation when I rub my fingers across it.

But Man: this thing plays and sounds like a dream. They set it up great. I think the owner told me yesterday that he put Elixir strings on it. If that's true I'll have to get them next time I buy strings.

He gave me a better deal buy miles of what another Guitar store was going to give me.

Now I just got to figure out what all the switches and nobs do.

Later,
    Kelly

7. congrats!!those are great basses. really powerfull

8. Congrats!

Sounds like you pulled off a great deal.

Welcome to G&L country. :bassist:

9. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Thanks Guys,

Man this kicks so much a$$ I wasn't even looking for a V string. Man the B string Vibrates the hell out of my room and I don't have my Amp up that loud.

I looked where the Battery is located and man there is just so many freaken wires. How in the world would you work on something like that?

thanks again guys, I love this Bass It will probably be my main Bass.

10. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK

11. I recently got a US JB-2 and love the heck out of it, how do you like yours?

12. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    Thanks LA, That blueburst is sweet. If you get it you want regret it. Only thing that could make it better is if it said Made in the USA. I do get a little static when I turn my Volume Knob up. No biggy I guess. I also can't really tell if where the fret board is put onto the neck is Cracked/ or just an imperfection. No real problems, My wife last night said omg you have all ready started picking it to death :)

And thanks dBerriff for the diagram helps.

I may become a G&L slut my self.

13. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    It was an eBay risk that paid off for me. The JB-2 is a work of art - I have flame maple over a swamp ash body, rosewood f/b (G&L use really thick slabs of rosewood or ebony) and the finish is immaculate. It is smaller and lighter than a Fender Jazz and just feels 'right' to play. Sound is a bit brighter than I'm used to but that might be the SIT strings. I've not dared to gig it yet or even take it to our swing band rehearsals so I don't know how it is going to cut through the band.
    I've come back to bass playing a bit late in life so I can't really comment on how authentic or vintage the sound is. All I know is that there is a depth and warmth to the sound that is going to keep me happy. So I can safely say I already love the heck out of mine too. :D

14. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I have been gassing for a jazz, but then I remember G&L, I'm considering checking some out. bassnw has that amazing looking orangish burst USA with the maple board. I'm half tempted to buy it sight unheard :)

Troll

15. Is that the one that ended like a week ago?

If so, I was thinking about that too!

I also took a chance on the JB-2 unplayed from Ebay. It is the best bass I have ever played. It is my number one! :bassist: Took it to practice and everyone noticed the sound, cut through amazingly well that the drummer said it makes my L2000 sound muddy in comparison, :bawl: and I love my L2000...

16. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    No, it was this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47581&item=3753522582

It took over a month to get to me so I was getting pretty worried about it being an eBay scam. I was wrong - it was in perfect condition and even had all the paperwork. I'm still working up the courage to take it to band practice because of all the comments I will get. Yet they think it is ok to blow a £1000/$2000 on a sax.

By the way, sorry for getting a bit off topic here.

17. Geez that's purdy!

Take it to practice!

18. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    :( Well I was sadden today. I decided to pull out My USA made Fender and play it a little. I left my Amp at the same Volume, and I could barley hear it. So I started switching between basses> I even switched My New G&L :hyper: to passive mode, and it was still louder then my fender. I guess now I'm going to have to change the pickups in my fender now.