1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&L Tribute M2500 weight?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ErnieD, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Emailing with a seller of a G&L Tribute M-2500, 5 string black w/ maple board. He's guessing this bass weighs about 12-15 pounds. Holy Crap Batman!!
    I know the Tributes' aren't as light of wood as the US models and I believe this is gona be a Basswood body with the solid color. I've asked him to try to verify the actual weight, hoping he's guessing wrong.

Anybody own the M-2500 that can speak to the weight of yours? Also, what is the string spacing at the bridge, less than 19mm? And just over all how is the quality, tone, neck, feel etc of this model series? I've been reading threads of my G&L searches last nite of this bass but no specifics on weight, overall quality yet. I'll keep reading in the mean time. Peace, e.

2. wrench45us

wrench45us

Aug 26, 2011
    my USA m2500 weighs 9.25 lbs
    string spacing is 17.5 mm

build quality is very good on mine,
    There are threads that indicate some issues with the Tribute series on these

the fit and feel is great for me, but may not be for everyone.
    satin finish maple neck is about as slick as it gets

ErnieD likes this.
  3. 12 lbs is possible but not 15. I think they average around 10.

ErnieD likes this.
  4. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Thanks for the replies. Yeah, thinking he's just guessing the weight by just holding the bass. Have not heard back if they've bothered to get actual weight. But if the string spacing is 17.5mm, prolly a deal breaker for me. All of my basses are 19mm spacing. Plus, I bought a very nice US L-2500 here on TB quite a few years back. It played nicely but I traded it pretty quick locally for a US Peavey Cirrus 5, Cirrus is gone now too. Ahh G.A.S.

I still rely on my '08 Am St P5 w/nylon tapes for my old school tone, so I'm prolly good for now. Onward/Upward.

5. wrench45us

wrench45us

Aug 26, 2011
    if you can remember the string spacing on the L2500, it's the same neck and string spacing as the M2500

6. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Yep, totally forgot the spacing on that L2500 I had. And I was able to play it very comfortably but after getting a couple other basses with 19mm spacing, that just felt way more comfy in my big mitts. Always wanting to try a Roscoe as well but aren't they less than 19mm spacing or just some of their models?? I know, I should prolly search on that.

7. miles'tone

miles'tone

Feb 26, 2008
    Wales, U.K
    Bump for more info on this..
    Really fancy one of these but I can't play mega heavy basses anymore due to a back injury.
    Isn't basswood supposed to be light in weight?

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Basses range wildly in weight.
    If that's important to you, call and ask before you buy.