1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L Tribute Premium or Schecter Stiletto Studio?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spanky2112, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Spanky2112

Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    I don't mean to start a new thread, but I wondered what the board thought about these two instruments in comparison. I'm due to get a new bass in about 6 months and I'm looking to figure out how to determine which to snag. The Schecter Stiletto Studio had a neck through body that is appealing.
    Thanks!

2. Alexander

Alexander Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I just tried the G&L and loved it. The neck was great, with an awesome B. The tone was amazingly flexible. I tried it A/B with a couple other basses $100 or so more, but kept coming back.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I've only played the four string Schecter Stilleto Studio, so I can't speak for the B string, but the four stringer was incredible. It beat the G&L Tribute L2000 Premium they had at another store by a long shot, but it also cost a hell of a lot more. Make sure you play them both a lot, they both kick severe amounts of butt.

4. they are both great basses in that price range. teh schecter has a little more of a high end modern kind of feel in how it plays and sounds. the G&L has more of a classic work horse kind of vibe to it. I would try and spend some time with both and see what appeals to you more. they are different enough to the point where one should stand out more to you. I have a L2000 and really love it. nails the fender and music man tones. I think they would both work well for any kind of music.

5. Spanky2112

Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    I'm looking to get a 4 string. The G&L Tribute prices for $569 and the Stiletto goes for $599. My problem: No shop in my town has either. So I have no way to try either. Woe!

6. You get a 35" scale (5 and 6 strings), 18v electronics, and neck-through construction with the Stiletto Studio.

End of story.