G&L Tribute Premium or Schecter Stiletto Studio?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spanky2112, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    I don't mean to start a new thread, but I wondered what the board thought about these two instruments in comparison. I'm due to get a new bass in about 6 months and I'm looking to figure out how to determine which to snag. The Schecter Stiletto Studio had a neck through body that is appealing.
  2. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I just tried the G&L and loved it. The neck was great, with an awesome B. The tone was amazingly flexible. I tried it A/B with a couple other basses $100 or so more, but kept coming back.
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I've only played the four string Schecter Stilleto Studio, so I can't speak for the B string, but the four stringer was incredible. It beat the G&L Tribute L2000 Premium they had at another store by a long shot, but it also cost a hell of a lot more. Make sure you play them both a lot, they both kick severe amounts of butt.
  4. they are both great basses in that price range. teh schecter has a little more of a high end modern kind of feel in how it plays and sounds. the G&L has more of a classic work horse kind of vibe to it. I would try and spend some time with both and see what appeals to you more. they are different enough to the point where one should stand out more to you. I have a L2000 and really love it. nails the fender and music man tones. I think they would both work well for any kind of music.
  5. Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    I'm looking to get a 4 string. The G&L Tribute prices for $569 and the Stiletto goes for $599. My problem: No shop in my town has either. So I have no way to try either. Woe!
  6. You get a 35" scale (5 and 6 strings), 18v electronics, and neck-through construction with the Stiletto Studio.

End of story.