Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L Tribute Premium Vs. Plus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman1185, Feb 23, 2004.

1. I just played a G&L Tribute L2500 Premium, and I think that I'm in love. I was just wondering if there is that much difference between the premium (ash body) and the plus (basswood body). I'd like to get the plus with the blueburst finish and a maple fretboard, but I'd certainly settle for the cherryburst/maple that was at the guitar shop.

2. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Man...if it was me...I'd take the premium. I'd much prefer a total ash body over a basswood body with an ash cap. But...I've heard nothing but good about all Tribute models so man...do what makes you happy. I'd love to have one of those as well. They are soo nice looking.
    -Bazz-

3. Yup, I have the ash model. I'm in love with it. I like my bass to have chunk and balls. And this bass has it. My next one if definetly gonna be an American one.

4. Yeah, I've been reading reviews of the two levels, and I'm going to go with the Premium.