G&L Tribute SB-2 - Pickguard Swap anyone??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grip, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Grip

Grip

Apr 20, 2018
    Hey hey. I have a brandy-new Tribute SB-2 en route to me any day now. Booyah! It's candy apple red with white perloid pickguard. Keen to trade for a black pickguard. I've read the USA pickguards are slightly different, so hoping to find a Tribute to trade with. Anyone?

2. xtoph

xtoph

Apr 30, 2018
    Hey Grip, I ordered a white SB-2 tribute with a black pickguard yesterday. As soon as I receive it and everything's OK with it, I'd love to swap my black pickguard with you! Are you still interested?

Axstar likes this.
  3. Grip

Grip

Apr 20, 2018
    Awesome! Same here. If I don’t need to return it then I should be good to trade.

I also emailed G&L directly and if they sell a replacement cheap enough I’ll let you know.

4. xtoph

xtoph

Apr 30, 2018
    OK, let‘s keep in touch about this.
    I got informed today I‘ll receive my white sb-2 within this week.

5. xtoph

xtoph

Apr 30, 2018
    Hey Grip,
    what‘s your tendency about the pickguard-swap?
    I also emailed G&L directly but haven‘t got any reply yet. Did they answer you?

6. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    I’m also interested. I have a red tribute SB-2, and would love a red perilous pickguard (I think I’ve seen in American models)

7. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    Cool to see two guys working together like this. Custom pickguards tend to get a bit pricy a bit quickly.

8. xtoph

xtoph

Apr 30, 2018
    I‘ve tried everything I, but it seems impossible to buy a pearl white pickguard as a spare part for a G&L Tribute Series SB-2.
    Any idea how to get one?
    I offer a black pickguard to trade for a pearl white one. Anyone? I‘d even bear both shipping costs.

9. Grip

Grip

Apr 20, 2018
    Hey guys. Sorry I think I'm out. I decided to go a different direction and now my red tribute is for sale. Basically brand new.

10. Grip

Grip

Apr 20, 2018
    For what its worth, I never got a reply from G&L either.

11. TDR1138

TDR1138

Apr 11, 2007
    SoCal
    Chandler Pickguards should be the source for any G&L guards other than recent US ones. Ain’t cheap, though.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022