Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L Tributes for 299.99!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by egb41, Oct 15, 2003.

1. egb41

egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    I haven't played these because I don't play four string. But if I did I would jump on this. click here :bassist:

2. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    those look like corts to me... probably same factory...

although the G&L design is probably worth the 3 bones.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I am usually skeptical about deals like these, but I thought for 3 bills I could always move it on Ebay if it sucked.

Mine arrived today. I am amazed. Guys, if anyone is thinking about springing for one of these, DO IT. As some of you know, I DETEST Musicians Fiend, but this was a killer deal.
    I got the 3t burst/rosewood. It's a stunning looking bass. The burst is very nice, and there is a real nice looking tort pickguard on it. It came in a nice padded gig bag with a G and L logo, allen wrenches, and a cheapie cord. It has a #6 neck..very comfy.

Plugged in..what can you say....P BASS. It sounds like a nice P bass, and the added J pickup provides some versatility and mid grunt. It will sound incredible once my TI Flats arrive. Leo did the electronics right on the G&L's and these are US pickups on the Tributes.

I am willing to bet these are made in the same factory as the Lakland Skylines. The vibe and construction seem to be the same high quality. I probably wouldn't pay list price for one of these, when USA G&L's are often available for great prices used, but for $299 shipped, this absolutely cannot be beat.

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    interesting

5. egb41

egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    Wow cheezewiz i'm glad that you got a good deal. Any plans for mods? If I played four bangers I would definitely have got one of these babies.:bassist:

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Damn, even tho I've got my 55-01, I'm half tempted to grab one of these,, for THAT price... geez.

7. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    oh damn, I want one of these!! If I only had the money & wasnt saving for another bass anyway:(

8. gbenner

gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    Hey cheezewiz, scroll down from goobers and give us a review in the G&L forum, we would love to hear it.

George