G&L Tributes for 299.99!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by egb41, Oct 15, 2003.

1. egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    I haven't played these because I don't play four string. But if I did I would jump on this. click here :bassist:
  2. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    those look like corts to me... probably same factory...

although the G&L design is probably worth the 3 bones.
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I am usually skeptical about deals like these, but I thought for 3 bills I could always move it on Ebay if it sucked.

Mine arrived today. I am amazed. Guys, if anyone is thinking about springing for one of these, DO IT. As some of you know, I DETEST Musicians Fiend, but this was a killer deal.
    I got the 3t burst/rosewood. It's a stunning looking bass. The burst is very nice, and there is a real nice looking tort pickguard on it. It came in a nice padded gig bag with a G and L logo, allen wrenches, and a cheapie cord. It has a #6 neck..very comfy.

Plugged in..what can you say....P BASS. It sounds like a nice P bass, and the added J pickup provides some versatility and mid grunt. It will sound incredible once my TI flats arrive. Leo did the electronics right on the G&L's and these are US pickups on the Tributes.

I am willing to bet these are made in the same factory as the Lakland Skylines. The vibe and construction seem to be the same high quality. I probably wouldn't pay list price for one of these, when USA G&L's are often available for great prices used, but for $299 shipped, this absolutely cannot be beat.
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  5. egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    Wow cheezewiz i'm glad that you got a good deal. Any plans for mods? If I played four bangers I would definitely have got one of these babies.:bassist:
  6. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Damn, even tho I've got my 55-01, I'm half tempted to grab one of these,, for THAT price... geez.
  7. brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    oh damn, I want one of these!! If I only had the money & wasnt saving for another bass anyway:(
  8. gbenner

May 20, 2001
    ocean, new jersey
    Hey cheezewiz, scroll down from goobers and give us a review in the G&L forum, we would love to hear it.