Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scottos150, Jan 17, 2002.

1. I dont know model numbers or anything, but street price starts at around a grand ( maybe it was used though). Id say around 1200 for a good one
  2. You can get GL-2000 basic model for $900.
  3. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    check places like ebay. The used market it great for G&L's. You can very good ones for about 1/2 to 2/3 price used.

4. I saw a used left handed L2000 with a basic finish and rosewood fretboard at Guitar Center for $1200. They sure seem to put a lot of value on their left handed models.:rolleyes: ;) I wanted to put a sign next to the price that said, "RIP OFF!"
  5. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    A very rough base line, but on the average new in the $900-1200 range and used from as low as the mid $400's to $700. If you can get a used one from the late 80's or early to mid 90's for arround $500 to $600, you would be very happy I think. The new ones are great basses but the used ones are just as good if not better for half the price. Which model are you intersted in?
  6. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    I'm not a lefty, but I think a lot of bass manufacturers and/or retailers rip the leftys on price a bit.

Be on the lookout for bargains on G&L's in general though if they are even slightly used. I bought one of my L-2000's for only $500 on ebay once. It was mint, I mean brand spankin' new. It looked like it hadn't even been played let alone taken out of the nice G&L hardshell case that is standard with their basses. Not a scratch, smudge, nothing. It was not even a year old at the time I bought it from the seller. I think he needed quick cash, so you never know, keep those eyes peeled! :)
  7. basic model for over 1200 is total rip off., basically GC and MS is rip off price.
  8. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    So let's say I find myself a new L-2000 for $800, am I looking at a fun little deal here, or should I look to knock that price down a bit?

Thanks! :cool:
  9. I bought an L2500 a couple years ago for $900 and I thought I got a great deal. I think $800 is a very fair price for a new L2000.;)
  10. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    I agree, $800 for a new L-2000 is about the lowest I would normally expect to see.
  11. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    yup, you should jump on that man
  12. Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    In 2000 I picked up a 99 L-2000 with on Little Ding on it for 625.00 used
  13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Check with www.bassnw.com. Last year, they were going to sell me a brand new L-2000 for $699 plus shipping. I can't guarentee that these same deals are still going, but still, that is the absolute lowest that I have ever heard of em going for new. Check the "Special Sale G&L Basses" section, and give them a call or an email.

I really should have bought that bass for that price.:(
  14. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Thanks for the responses there...now I wish I only had $800! Well, I hope they keep that bass around for a while! That thing was an absolute dream to play.
  15. Get it from Bass northwest. I got mine for about $700 something, and it's brand new.
  16. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Actually if any one is interested we just got a used one in today at the music store i work at! It is awsome! Its a l-2000 frettless 4 string custom! Its sweet! If anyone wants to see a pic of it then email me at

I think they wanted 1500 for it but i can probably get them to come down!