1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&Lapolooza!!!(81 GandL Wunkay, 81 G&L Wunkay w/newer neck, G&L L-1505, LB-100)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, Jan 3, 2012.

1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

I've got 4 US G&LS for sale. I had WAY too much fun at Xmas, and need to pay some bills, so let's blow these out!

Descriptions and pix further down. But the Executive Summary is:

1981 trans green L-1000. Very minty! SOLD

Recent 'burst L-1505. $650 + shipping.

Mid 90s LB-100. Minty, and light! SOLD

1981 trans red L-1000 with very recent 1.5" neck. SOLD

No trades will be considered for the L-1505 or the LB-100.

For the Wunkays, I will consider trades. I'm interested in Gibsons, vintage Fenders, Guilds, US Laklands, EBMM stuff (no OLP or SUB, please). Might consider a Ric. I can trade up or down, but please don't offer me two Jay Tursers and a smashed, half-functional bass wah for one of these Wunkays.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Minty 1981 L-1000 (slot pole, chrome plate & bridge, B 004XXX) in trans green over ash, maple neck. Almost no flaws except the one ding pictured, a little (very, very light) scuffing in the clear coat (pick scratches and buckle rash), and the chrome has chipped off the bass knob. Non-original hsc, and 11 lbs. Nut measures a hair over 1 5/8".
    On hold pending payment.

0cfa75b6.
    be05df69.
    1b29aafd.
    6aedcbef.
    1192aedb.
    1ea25565.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    G&L L-1505 in burst/rosewood. CL serial number, so relatively recent. Comes with G&L molded plastic case. It's a long story, but this bass lives with my brother in Massachusetts, and it will be shipped from there. Local pickup is available in the 'burbs north of Boston.
    $650 + shipping.

Whole set of pix here.

IMG_1010JPG800.
    IMG_1008JPG800.

Mid-90s LB-100. After Leo Fender died, G&L released the Legacy bass, honoring the design that changed the bass world. G&L was subsequently sued for use of the name, and changed it to the LB-100. It's basically G&Ls Precision bass. Top notch build quality, and sounds great. Light, too - 8.25 lbs, I think? I picked this up around Thanksgiving from a TBer for a great price, and will pass it on for a great price as well. Ships in a gig bag. On hold pending payment.
    028496e3.
    22b516cc.
    6f4719c5.
    0d74ac3c.

1981 trans red L-1000 body and hardware/electronics mated with a neck that must have been made during the recent BABP run, because it's got the gun oil tint (GOT) finish and it's 1.5" at the nut. Neck is pristine, and is a 3 bolt (NOT a 6 bolt), so it lined up perfectly. Body has a some finish crazing and a few nicks and bumps but nothing major. The body has the slot pole pickup, the correct knobs and switch tip, and a B00 serial number.
    On hold pending payment.
    fdfe0fc8.
    bb6432b7. 006faa7a.
    a1dc19dc.

2. dukeplaysbass

Red Wunkay on hold pending payment.

3. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Oh sweet jesus that green is amazing!

4. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Dangit, my paycheck is not going to get here soon enough.

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wooooooooah...love G&Ls. Just bought one, so I can't get another, but.....free bump for some sweeeeet basses!

6. What's the nut width on the lb-100?

7. dukeplaysbass

1 5/8". Not the super wide one they did, not the skinny one, either....

8. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Man you got that right!:D

9. Handyman

Handyman

Sep 4, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Man oh man, that green wunkay is so beautiful it makes me want to cry! Anyone have $900 they want to lend me?

10. Leo thechampion

Leo thechampion

Nov 2, 2011
    g'day Duke, you have great taste in basses.

11. dukeplaysbass

Thanks!