Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G Major for bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I searched, but did not find much. Anyone use a G major for bass? How is it? I'm generally impressed by tc electronics, but I'd hate to spend the money on this and have it suck.

2. Dood on this board uses one and its apparently really good :) I was bidding on one a while back but the bidding went too high. I would love to try one!

3. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Sounds good, I may get one. I looked at the specs and it is full range.

4. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I bought it, it rules. It's full range, very tweakable, easy to use, kicks ass.

5. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Any tone suck from this unit? Also, if it has a compressor, is it a good one? Oh yeah, and distortion too! I know that you love distortion.

6. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    The octaver is slow though - you can actually hear the delay. Fast octaver you ask ? The G-Force.

But the G-Major is a fairly good allround Multi-FX

I replaced my G-major with a G-Force and lovin´it.

7. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    >>The octaver is slow though - you can actually hear the delay. Fast octaver you ask ? The G-Force.<<

From what I understand about the G-Major, the delay for the pitch shifter is user editable. Did you try tweaking those settings before making your judgement?

8. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    The octaver is really not slow, in fact I'd say it's really fast... maybe it's the becuase I have the newest software?

No noticable tone suck, the bass preset for the compressor is good, but i have not even begun to tweek, so I can't say how good.

I've been trying to figure out the G-minor pedal, then I get into saving my own settings.

No distortion. It's ok though, I like having a lot of distortion boxes. :D