1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G String Tuner Position, Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by gjbassist, Feb 21, 2016.

1. G tuner on top

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. G tuner on bottom

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Putting a set of Fender tuning machines on my SX Jazz. While I had the neck off I reshaped the end of the head stock to make it less pointy. Even though I took very little off the G string tuner is very close to the end. So should I leave it as is, inline four style or put the G tuner so it is on the bottom side of the head stock?

Attached Files:

2. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Personally I like it on the bottom a little better. On top there just isn't enough material left and it looks out of place.

96tbird likes this.
  3. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

Why not move it farther toward the nut, making it a 3+1 ?

SteveCS likes this.
  4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Looks cool on the bottom and adds interest to what is otherwise a bland looking headstock. I think you just may have stmbled into a mod a lot of SX owners may want to consider. Nice!