1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Pfretzschner, May 7, 2004.

1. Sorry about the first post,,,,,I didn't know that it had posted but realize why I love this board :) Some of you have entirely too much time on your hands.

Anyway, I have finally come to the point in my life that it's time to sell my number one Bass. It is a German Flatback, made by G.A. Pfretzschner somewhere around 1900. I bought it in 1972 in Akron, Ohio. It had a couple of repairs to fix a split back and a crack in the top. Since I have owned it I have had Ebony fingerboard, nut and tailpiece installed put on. It has a 42 inch scale and presently has Pirastro silver wound gut strings. Its a beautiful sounding bass and needs to be played but unfortunately these hands can't do it like they used to.

I've been told to price the bass higher than $6500 but I think that's a fair price. I have lots of pictures I can e-mail anyone that wants. I'm in the Tampa Bay, Florida area where the bass can be seen or played anytime.

The 1937 Regal in the picture is also for sale,,e-mail me for info.

Attached Files:

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
  3. SleeperMan2000

Jul 31, 2002
    Cary NC
  4. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
  5. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
  6. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
  7. godoze

Oct 21, 2002