1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GA bluegrass gigspam-MHeart in Canton, GA this Saturday!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by M Ramsey, Sep 23, 2008.

1. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    With the IBMA coming up and a run of about the last 8-10 weekends of bookings across the country, I was asked to post this for the upcoming gig this weekend. This copied from Mountain Heart's Myspace page:

>Folks, we hope you'll be making plans to join us this Saturday, September 27th at 8 PM for this special show for the Cherokee County Arts Council in Canton, GA.

This is one of those special intimate rooms where every seat is the best seat in the house. One of the best sounding rooms we've ever played as well.

Bring a neighbor, bring a friend, come early and check out the art gallery and the wonderful surrounding grounds prior to the show. You won't regret any time spent at this wonderful venue.
    Tickets are $25 and seating is limited, don't wait!

Cherokee County Arts Council
    94 North Street
    Canton, GA 30114
    Call: 770.704.

http://www.cherokeearts.org

We hope to see YOU there!<

I visited this venue with Randy Kohrs when Aaron was playing music with him last year. For those that have never been there, Canton is a beautiful small town and the show is in a former church building. Wonderful acoustics and good seats.

Most folks may not know this, but old Big Mike D used to dabble in a bit of watercolor paintings (decades back) along with pen & ink and pencil drawings. So the art gallery in this building is a nice addition to take in while at the show. Also, out back, there's a beautiful graveyard with many significant headstones (fences, borders, markers) that dates back prior to the civil war. I spent about an hour there myself, last year. I bet it'll be pretty for pictures in the late afternoon/early evening.

If I weren't headed to Nashville for the IBMA proceedings, I'd almost ride down and take in this place again. One of the most beautiful venues I've EVER visited.

BTW, for those interested, there's a ton of new pics put up on Mountain Heart's Myspace page from the recent Skynyrd shows! Check them out at http://www.myspace.com/mountainheartofficial

Toodles!