1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GAAAAH, cant pick one. GAS on three basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oberg, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Oberg

Oberg

Apr 10, 2005
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or a P-bass.

i cant pick. got like 1000€ or 1200$ to spend.

should i find a 4 string P-bass and go back to bassics. i have had a 6 string yamaha for 2 years, and still own a 5 string jazz

plz help. some input would be helpful

2. Rocky

Rocky Banned

Jul 21, 2000
    Los Angeles
    It never hurts to have a P-bass, and a 5 string, and a 6 string, and a J-bass, and etc....

3. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    go for the jazz!

4. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    The P seems the most value adding addition to your current collection IMO. Never hurts to have one as well.

5. Luka38

Luka38

Aug 12, 2009
    first try one out. maybe you won't like the sound of the simple P bass after playing on only two pickup basses. I would definitely go for a P bass, even though i play a two pickup bass mostly. But their sound is soooo awesome :D
    go with one of these:
    Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn - they have a jazz style neck
    Lakalnd Skyline Bob Glaub - wider neck, buy you are probably use to those after playing 5,6 string basses
    there are a lot of Fender p basses but for that money you can only get a MIM or MIJ, and Laklands are built better than those... imo...

6. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    Actually, I changed my mind! Get a 5 string P, it does the ''back to bassics'' thing + a low B :). Look at Laklands, Sandbergs, Fenders (duh) and Laklands ;). And Laklands.

7. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    P bass would make the most impact on your lineup. Did anyone mention checking out Lakland? :D

Sandberg as well, MM/P sounds @.@

8. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I like the new Fender Precision 5ers with the single split pickup myself. Not enough to trade one of my Warwicks for one mind you...

9. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    I agree. There just was an American P 5 string at Sam Ash in the price range that gave me severe GAS. I went back to get it but: Ya snooze, ya lose!

Also at Sam Ash are Laklands also filling my GAS tank. Those are VERY fine basses.

RULE: you can never own too many basses.

10. dionysusolympus

dionysusolympus

Apr 13, 2010
    ;)

11. P-Bass. You have the Jazz V, the 6-string... Get a P and you'll be set for pretty much any gig.

12. p-bass

13. every one needs a P bass :)

14. Nice Precision or Jazz should sort you out...

Actually - scratch that, get a Jaguar bass quickly before they stop making them!!! (its a nice jazz, then flip the series/parallel switch and the J pickup gives a nice precision sound)

15. Luka38

Luka38

Aug 12, 2009
    yeah i changed my mid up to. Get a 5 string Lakland P bass :D
    but it's a little bit hard to get the new skyline 5 string P basses, because they are limited edition. And believe me, that Lakland's necks are one of the most comfortable necks ever!