1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gabriel Bass made by Jinyin Instruments of China

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Shakin-Slim, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Anybody ever owned or played one of these basses? Worth steering completely clear of? Any views would be a great help.

Cheers,
    Shaun

2. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    I'll take that as an 'unheard of, don't go near it' omen.

Chur.

3. I'm assuming this is an ebay/craigslist find? If you can't play it beforehand, I wouldn't recommend getting it. I have experience with an extremely similar situation. I bought my first bass off ebay, and it took more money than the original value of the bass to fix it. Luckily, it turned out really great and was worth the cost, but I've heard 5 horror stories for every success story with Chinese factory instruments bought online.

So, if you can play it, consider it. If not, don't touch it unless its free or beyond cheap.

Tyler

4. What's your budget Shakin-Slim?

Best bet for a good price on a DB is to find someone in your area selling one. So- get to know all the other bassists in the BOP area, especially the classical cats!

Otherwise, pete McGregor at http://www.bassbass.co.nz/ has some decent new basses- I bought my Christopher 401T off him.

Good luck.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021