Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gabu Said....

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Bruce Lindfield, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"Yeah. I looked for it too. You should drop that in the suggestion box. I am sure Paul would give it some thought."

In reply to a post of mine in another thread, which said :

"Well that is what started me thinking - so I was looking everywhere for where it says who this site is aimed at, who it is meant for, what the purpose of TB is etc.

I know it used to be somewhere on the front page as Gabu said, but I can't find anything related to this now?"

So here it is?

Just a question for Paul really - about whether we used to have this and has it disappeared intentionally or not?

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    A welcome message is a good thing to have front & center. It used to be there but got buried. I'll add it to the list...

3. Bruce Lindfield

Thanks Paul. :)

4. Bruce Lindfield

The message was seen earlier and appeared as :

""Welcome to TalkBass.com! As our name implies, TalkBass is all about discussion and collaboration between bassists (electric and acoustic). Our mission is to facilitate such a discussion, as well as to provide tools and information for bass players of any and all genres. TalkBass is home to the web's largest community of bass players (over 30,000 have registered on our forums). Use the search box at the top-right to instantly search our forum archives. You'll also find feature interviews, industry news, TAB's, and reviews by using the links in the Main Menu to the left."

Which was exactly what I expected but then it was edited - why?