Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gadow basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Matt Call, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hi.
    I was just wondering if anyone has played a Gadow bass. I've never been able to play one and I might be interested in picking one up. I searched the forum and didn't find anythingon them, so I figured I'd try and get something going. If you have any opinion, advice, clips, anything about Gadow basses, let me know as I'm interested.

Thanks

2. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    bump? can you bump these? I'm new.

3. Welcome to Talkbass. I never heard of Gadow basses but I'm sure someone around here has. Thanks for searching the boards before posting!

4. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  5. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  6. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  7. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    rrgadowguitars.com is their website if anyone is interested

8. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Just bought one. Had no intention of doing it, but tried a custom bass while I was waiting for a repair at High Strung in Durham, NC and was absolutely blown away. Ballsy tone (and very usable sounds), tons of punch and presence, gorgeous woods, great workmanship and a very reasonable price (they start at about $1200). I resisted for a day or two, but gave in. To make my conscience feel better I am selling my Music Man Sterling (which the Gadow makes sound very puny, by comparison).

I own a bunch of other basses (Fender, Renaissance, Rob Allen, Reverend (2), Bolin) and have sampled zillions. All have something to offer. But, overall this is both the best bass I have played and the best value for the buck.

The people at Gadow are also very easy to get along with.

9. bassistkm82

bassistkm82

Mar 15, 2006
    I own two of these basses, a Custom 4 and a Custom 5. First off, both basses came set up perfect... Then, having never played a Gadow before, I was completely blown away with the sound and the excellent craftmanship....

If you're looking for a phenomeonal bass (sound, looks, etc.) for around $1500-$1700 (with a deluxe HS Case!!), these are definitely the way to go!!!

for more info, check out their website (www.gadowguitars.com) or my MySpace (www.myspace.com/bassistkm82)

10. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    i have never played one but saw one at www.bunnybass.com

i have no ties to BunnyBass, for the record.