Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gah! Help me people!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Well, I was getting ready for school the other day, and MTV was on (I know I know, I don't usually watch it) but this show "MADE" was on, and they were helping out a small band and trying to help them win a big battle of the bands. Anyway, they are I guess punk, they have a ska sound but no brass in their band, and I am pretty sure at one point they said their bassist was "#1 in New Jersey" but here is my problem...

I cannot for the life of me remember the bands name and their song wont get out of my head!!!

i really would like to find their music, it's great, I'm hoping you guys could help. Their song, is like "da dada da da Hey I'm a loser!" or something along the lines. Anyway, thanks for reading this;)

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    the Sly Catch, IIRC. I saw a commercial for that one.

3. wow thanks man, that did it, it wasnt actually the sly catch, but it was close enough that i remembered the name. the sly caps. i was thinking they were 10 second story or something for some reason, but now i got my music playing and now im on to a new problem.... I WANT TO PLAY THEM:(

anyway thanks for the quick reply:bassist:

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    No problem, glad I could be of help sort of. :)

5. I thought it was the Sly Caps....meh.

I wish they'd do more shows about bands, the Sly caps actually seemed pretty good. All those shows about models, basketball players whatever really piss me off...oh well, I shouldn't be watching MTV in the first place.