Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GAH! My bass whammy is in pain!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Here's the deal. I thought I was gonna get a bad Progress Report. Which means my parents were going to take away my Bass whammy. Now, I put this in my pack for a few days, to hide it when my progress report came. It was handed out instead of mailed. Turns out I passed everything. So, I forgot the bass whammy was in there sometimes. Which means it was knocked around a good couple of times. so i take it out, and it doesn't work. there is a dent in the front, and when I plug it in, I get this weird noise, it takes a minute for it to fully power up, and when I press on the pedal, it has no effect. I'm thinking it's the adapter, but I'm not sure. I don't want to play 50 bucks to repair it...

Edit: I tried it again. Definitly not the adapter. I just don't want to pay 50 bucks for it again.
    Any suggestion on what the problem could be?

2. cjgallen

cjgallen

Oct 19, 2001
    You said it takes a minute to power up, maybe a capacitor got dinged and is taking longer to charge?

I really don't know. That's tragic, man. Hope you get it working.

3. Update: I opened it up just now, and pushed the circut board to more of it's original shape. It's an improve ment. I can here the effect of the whammy, but it's covered by distortion.