GAH! My bass whammy is in pain!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Here's the deal. I thought I was gonna get a bad Progress Report. Which means my parents were going to take away my Bass whammy. Now, I put this in my pack for a few days, to hide it when my progress report came. It was handed out instead of mailed. Turns out I passed everything. So, I forgot the bass whammy was in there sometimes. Which means it was knocked around a good couple of times. so i take it out, and it doesn't work. there is a dent in the front, and when I plug it in, I get this weird noise, it takes a minute for it to fully power up, and when I press on the pedal, it has no effect. I'm thinking it's the adapter, but I'm not sure. I don't want to play 50 bucks to repair it...

Edit: I tried it again. Definitly not the adapter. I just don't want to pay 50 bucks for it again.
    Any suggestion on what the problem could be?
  2. cjgallen

Oct 19, 2001
    You said it takes a minute to power up, maybe a capacitor got dinged and is taking longer to charge?

I really don't know. That's tragic, man. Hope you get it working.
  3. Update: I opened it up just now, and pushed the circut board to more of it's original shape. It's an improve ment. I can here the effect of the whammy, but it's covered by distortion.