Gain knobs when bridging a QSC.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by playmybass, Mar 11, 2006.

1. playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    Hey, I have a QSC RMX850 running bridge mono at 4 ohms into an Ampeg 810. In the manual, it says to rain the gain knob for the 2nd channel at zero and use channel ones, but when I turn up the channel two gain, I prefer the sound it gives me, it sounds more "full." Is there any harm in doing this?
  2. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    When I had an RMX850, I always did everything the manual said to do. I'm guessing if they say not to turn it up, there's a good reason.
  3. BassDerek

Aug 15, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    well when in bridged you are using the both power amp sections for one signal bridged together, by turning up the second knob, there may be some possibility that you will damage the electronics.
  4. greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Maybe you should glue a placebo knob on the front of it so you won't do something even more foolish ; }
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Send a PM to Bob Lee (QSC) and ask him.
  6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I think that the placebo knob has to be used in conjunction with some Funk Logic gear and a Te%%a Labs power cable for full effect...:eek: :bag: :D
  7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Turn channel 2's gain control all the way down for bridged mono operation.

To further reduce the likelihood of operator error, don't parallel the inputs (DIP switches 4 and 5), but leave them set to "stereo." Switches 6 and 7, of course, must be set to "bridged mode on."