Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gainfully employed

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mike_v_s, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Well. Here's a new twist on my day to day goings on...I'm employed. It's taken a bit longer than I hoped, but that's life.

Background: quit my last job because of a lot things, but mostly I didn't see my family enough with the 70-80 hours per week I was pulling. I won't bore you with job hunt details, but I did go through six interviews at one company...and still didn't get it. So now I'm making money again.

None of this is the piont, however. My point is that my working will cut down on my recent posting, and I'm sure thats enough of a relief for some that it could be considered a public service. So, to those of you that have just about had it with my well-crafted, fully informed, Mensa-esque and satyrical posts (my posts have pointed ears, legs, and short horns of a goat and a fondness for unrestrained revelry), then rejoice!!! I start Monday.

Mike

2. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Congratualations. I know it feels great to be employed again after a long, unwanted hiatus. Especially after the family starts calling you a bum. :p

3. Mike,
    I also want to extend Congrats to you as well -- for not only getting a job but STICKING WITH IT! :) Regardless of what you do for a living, providing the income for your family and picking a job where you can spend MORE time with your family are all the right things to do. I pat you on the back for keeping all the right priorities in place.

Lots of the young bucks who write on this website will be there someday, scrambling to provide for their families. Good job of providing a positive role model for them.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
  5. Awwwwww. Thanks guys.

Mike

6. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    good job Mike,

i will miss your slithery verbosity. :D

7. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Congrats, Mike. Glad to hear.

Now that you won't have as much time on TB, we can all go back and post smart-aleck replies to all your recent posts, and drive you bat-crap insane.

:D

8. not that it hasn't been said a million times already...

CONGRATS!!!