Galli strings? Anybody tried them?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by carl-anton, Jul 11, 2005.

1. I have not tried them. But I have to say thanks for the link. Their "Black Nylons" for acoustic - electric 5 string bass seem to be exactly the guage set I want. When I'm able to go that route. I'll give them a go.
  2. Hehe - glad I could 'help' :)
  3. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    I have a Galli Rockstar set on my bass & I can certainly tell you that are the best strings I've ever put my hands on.
    I've tried so many strings in my life but these are the final choice for me, really (I'm talking about the Rockstar model)
    long long long lasting, incredible good sound,
  4. Thanks... Could you compare them to other strings soundwise?
  5. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Really not, the sound (for me ) it's better than any other strings(always talking about this kind of Galli[​IMG] )
    maybe the feeling with the hand remember me the D'addario EXL but the sound is more mid present, more bright and absolutely long lasting.
    The last strings I've tried where the Rotosound :spit: nickelplated...oh my god...they lasted exactly one day, then I replaced with an old Galli set.
  6. Ok - thanks! Nice to hear something about these strings a last :) Have you tried the other Galli strings?
  7. plinth

Jul 4, 2005
    Bournemouth, UK

I use the black nylon tapewounds on my elec/acoustic and they've really helped eliminate the annoying sound of string-on-fret (not fret buzz). They sound nice and warm and I'd love to try them on a fretless, I just need to buy one now! I bought mine via where they seem to be so popular they put the price up!

8. Corbow

Mar 15, 2005
    Yep, I have been using Galli strings for couple of years without a problem. they rock!!!!
  9. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Just bought mine from Holland's Bass Matters ( ). I LOVE them, will definitely buy more and string all of my basses with them if they prove to stand the test of time. Last time I put DR Lo Riders, I liked them very very much in the beginning but they died much sooner than I expected... Put the Galli strings in and the improvement in sound was tremendous. My Warwick never sounded this good.
  10. babaseen

babaseen Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Anyone know where to purchase these in the States. I gotta try'em:hyper:
  11. ooo polished nickel plated flats for 30 bux... i'm buying them
  12. Miesside

Dec 22, 2007
    what about the "MAGIC SOUND" bass string? stainless steel, anyone has expierence with them?
  13. I recently put a Mighy Mite fretless neck on a Squier VMJ and by chance 'discovered' the Black Nylon in a local shop, there is not much choice here and normally shops only carry one set of anything for bass.

The mwah is very definatly there with a nice deep tone. They are very,very comfortable to play even though the low tension did take a little getting used to after the change from my usual Sadowsky flats.

I would buy them again for the fretless but will stick to the Sad flats for my fretted Sadowsky.
  14. babaseen

babaseen Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Any one try these lately?
  15. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    I've been intrigued by them too. I'd like to try a set of flats and tapewounds.
  16. Saw a set of these for d-tuned basses. Will have to give them a go next time I restring my Stringray. If anyone has some input on these I would be happy, otherwise I will get them and report back.
  17. violao

May 16, 2011
    Strings By Mail appears to be a dealer. They only show guitar strings by this vendor, however they might be encouraged to carrier this line (at a discount) if one nudges them in that direction. They carrier many lines for bass guitar that you just won't find anywhere else.

Guitar Strings Order Online with Great Customer Service
  18. witness66

May 25, 2016
    Miami, Florida
    I just placed an order and the strings are now on the way.