Gallian Krueger 400RB

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hounddog, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    Can everyone give me the good bad and ugly about this amp. This amp is 3 years old It has the 2 10" speakers with an additional GK cabinet with a 15 " speaker in it. I can get this rig for $500.00 but I want to make sure this is what I want.
  2. danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    Its gk. There is no bad or ugly. Its all good.

Seriously, I think people are reluctant to reply because they like it when people explore the search button before posting a redudnant topic.

Also, they may need some more information. There are 3 or 4 different versions of the 400. Is this a 400rb/210 combo with a 15 extension cab?

3. lowendgod

Feb 25, 2004
    Yakima, WA.
    i have an older one of these it is probably a 91 model or something like that, i used to gig this thing to death and never had a problem with it.... you should love it if you get it.... i now have it as my practice amp here at home and still sounds as good as the day i got it :cool:

4. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    I've been waiting for this rig to come up used. I'd jump on it in a minute. If you decide not to, please let me know where to contact the seller!
  5. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    It's ok for practice but it's underpowered for gigs.
  6. slinkp

Aug 29, 2003
    brooklyn, NY, USA
    That sounds like a decent rig for the price.

If the 210 combo is the tilt-back model, I found it really wimpy by itself.
    The amp is fine but that little 210 cab is seriously lacking in low end.
    The 115 extension would probably help.
  7. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    I agree.This was one of my very 1st real big name amp head that I had own and I had no problem whatsoever with it.
  8. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    It turns out that Hounddog isn't going to get the amp and has passed the info on to me. I pick it up next week-end!! (I'm glad he didn't just hit the search button...).

I played a version of the 2 10combo on a conference trip to Nashville and fell in love with the sound. A speaker configuration is never just "wimpy" or "great" but suitable or not to a given situation. Many people use smaller cabs and DI them or mic them rather than buying large rigs. I plan to use the 2 10s for small jazz venues and then plug in the 15 for rock. Perfect.

Thanks, Hounddog--very decent of you! :cool:
  9. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist

I am happy you are getting the Amp. I hope you enjoy it. I wasnt going to have the extra cash and I wanted someone to get the deal. It is a very good deal.