Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gallien, Ashly, Art, BBE, Rane,

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by kringle77, Sep 1, 2005.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    -Gallien 1001rb-II $530 shipped
    -Rane 5 band parmetric $150 shipped
    -Art dual 15 band graphic $80 shipped
    -Ashly DPX-200 (brand New) $280 shipped
    -BBE rackmount $75 shipped

Would like to sell all but will consider trades or offers.

2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    PM about GK.

3. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Pm sent back. I will post pictures tonight or tomorow guys.

4. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    That is a great price but I don't know how they can do it when everyone else sells them for $750 plus tax> (at a local dealer) or without tax on Musicians friend. Feel free to make me an offer though guys. Dealers are supposed to have some sort of price cap that they cannot undercut. My friend who owns a store has shown me some of these price lists. I'll have to see if he can get gallien lists. Undercutting can get you in trouble.

5. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Thanks for the support. I think it's a fair deal. Thanks again.

6. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Oh yeah, no offense taken.

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Deleted my previous posts now that I reviewed the rules. ALmighty and Sin, I suggest you do the same since you quote my comments in your posts. Sorry for the trouble

8. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Ok, we're all friends again. Anybody want to buy some gear? :smug:

9. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    In looking for a pearce preamp preferably with billy sheehan mod. I would take one without or a pearce guitar preamp or amp. I would do some sort of trade or cash thing. Let me know.

10. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Off topic but - that is totally illegal. A complete myth. Sony lost big on 'fair trade' in the 60's or 70's over the pricing on the original Trinitron TV. Somehow the myth persists. Once you purchase a product and take ownership, you can do whatever the heck you want with it. If a dealer can figure out how to survive on fewer $$ per sale, that is their right.

Manufacturers and Distributors do have the right to determine who get's to sell their product but it's law-suit city if they do so 'whimfully'. In manufacturing, 'tonnage talks'. It's all about keeping your means of production engaged, cause they aren't earning a return for you unless they are churning out product that someone eventually buys ...

I was a rep for a well respected mid-fi company for a bit back in the 80's. The factory guys talked tough to the medium and small fry dealers - and bent at the waist for the heavy hitters...

... back to your regularly scheduled thread... with a bump I guess. That GK is a great amp I would probably have done that deal at $530 a couple of months ago when I snagged mine. Used or burned in - what's the diff ?
    Good luck with your sale.

11. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Ok, calm down, take it easy... :)

I think he's just talking about the "Minimum Advertised Price" (MAP), though he may be misinterpreting it. As you likely know, MAP is simply a tool to help resist competition from getting out of hand with advertising, and starting price wars that can drive the value of the product down as well as wipe out smaller dealers. It does not prevent a seller from selling for whatever they want... even at a loss if they so desire. That's where all these "call for best price" phrases in ads come from.

12. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Yup, Vic is right. I was thinking about the "MAP" pricing. And yes, Companies will bend to large quantity dealers. Now can I sell some of my gear before it goes to E-bay? :)

13. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Anyone have a pearce preamp with the billy sheehan mod or the Pearce guitar amp/preamp that they would like to sell me or trade for?

14. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Yes but thanks! Im really looking for the sheehan mod.