1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Kreuger Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nitrofix, Apr 28, 2010.

1. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    While checking out some GK cab's I found this on the GK website with Norm Stockton talking about his GK rig, He's using a 1001RB head and he say's a 212 neo cab, now after watching this clip
    http://www.gallien-krueger.com/featartist001.html
    is it me or does that look like a 410 cab, i know I'm getting old and the eyes are going but I swear there looks like 4 speakers in that cab..Does anyone see it that way or is it me.........

2. GroovinOnFunk

GroovinOnFunk

Apr 30, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Endorses Cleartone and SIT Strings
    I see what you're saying but it's definitely a 212. I can see the 12s in it.

3. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Looks like a 410 to me.

4. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I can clearly see it is a 212. Different computer monitors, videocards, and resolutions will render images better or worse. On my computer it is clearly a 212.

5. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I switched to fullscreen, high-resolution and it looked like a 212 at one point, and a 410 at another. Whatever, I assume it is readily apparent in person and Mr. Stockton can see what it is.

6. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    The older 212 neos are a slightly different shape than the newer ones.

7. Come on guys, look a little closer.

I too wanted to think it was a 212, but the more I looked the more it appeared it was a 410.

And my feelings were confirmed, check out the vid on youtube.
    !

Comment from Norm: "Huge apologies for the confusion. Upon further review, I would have to agree with you - it looks like GK accidentally shipped me the wrong cab for this shoot & concert. Very embarrassing...

Suffice it to say that the Neo 212 sounds phenomenal as well, and is the cabinet that I own and use all the time. I guess I'll start checking from now on to make sure that I get the right one! :^)

Blessings- Norm"

8. 410

Funny, being right there, you would have thought he would have seen.